Week 12 Accuracy Scores: Which Experts Came Out on Top?
We’re officially 3/4ths of the way through the fantasy football season and that means the playoffs are right around the corner for most leagues. With pride, bragging rights and likely money at stake, if there was ever a time for fantasy owners to make sure they’re getting the best advice, this is it.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at how our accuracy contest is shaping up now that another week is complete. We’ll break down which experts nailed their week 12 predictions and also examine what impact there has been to the YTD standings.
Week 12 Leaderboard
|Overall* Week 12 Accuracy Scores|
|1.||Ryan Lester – Lester’s Legends||65.34%|
|2.||David Dodds – FootballGuys||64.37%|
|3.||Paul Greco – FantasyPros911||63.34%|
|4.||Scott Pianowski – Yahoo! Sports||62.88%|
|5.||John Paulsen – The Scores Report||62.63%|
*Overall standings evaluate experts’ weekly rankings at the QB, RB, WR, & TE positions
- Taking home the honor as this week’s most accurate expert is Ryan Lester (Lester’s Legends). If you think you’ve read that sentence before, you have. Lester holds the distinction of being the only expert in our contest to finish atop the standings for 3 separate weeks. Perhaps equally impressive, he has now finished in first place 2 out of the past 3 weeks so he’s been providing great advice as we come down the stretch. In week 12, Lester’s best predictions came at the RB position (#1 rank). He did a particularly good job of rating players that were not expected to be studs. Specifically, Lester was higher than the Expert Consensus on guys like Mike Goodson (CAR), Chris Ivory (NO) and Maurice Morris (DET) and their big days helped him earn the top expert rating.
- Another expert who is no stranger to the top of the leaderboard is David Dodds (FootballGuys). Dodds notched his third top 5 finish of the season which places him amongst the leaders in that category. This past week, he did especially well with his picks at RB (#2 rank) and WR (#3 rank). A key to his success at the RB position was that he ranked 8 out of the top 10 fantasy RBs as well or better than the Expert Consensus. This includes Peyton Hillis (CLE) and Fred Jackson (BUF) who finished #1 and #2, respectively, in RB fantasy points for the week. And for his WR picks, Dodds was ahead of the curve by anticipating strong performances from several of the week’s top sleepers such as Ben Obomanu (DET) and Deion Branch (NE).
- Congratulations to Paul Greco (FantasyPros911) for landing in the weekly top 5 for the first time this season. While Greco’s most accurate advice has consistently come at projecting RBs, he delivered in a big way at the WR position (#1 rank) in week 12. He was notably high on many of the week’s best performers including Dwayne Bowe (KC), Wes Welker (NE) and Ben Obomanu (DET). Greco also did a good job of pegging several underachievers (DeSean Jackson, Randy Moss) and this was instrumental to his success.
|Overall YTD Accuracy Scores
|Rank TW||Rank LW||Expert||PAY™|
|1.||1.||John Paulsen – The Scores Report||61.28%|
|2.||3.||David Dodds – FootballGuys||60.41%|
|3.||2.||Andy Behrens – Yahoo! Sports||60.03%|
|4.||7.||Ryan Lester – Lester’s Legends||59.93%|
|5.||4.||Chet Gresham – Razzball.com||59.90%|
- The beat goes on for John Paulsen (The Scores Report) as he continues to hold down the #1 spot as the most accurate expert in our contest. Paulsen has been the overall leader for so long that the Lions, Titans and Dolphins have each gone through 3 starting QBs since he last trailed someone else in the standings. In other words, this makes it 8 consecutive weeks at #1. In week 12, Paulsen had another strong showing (#5 overall), marking the fourth time this season he has finished in the top 5 of the weekly standings. And for the season, Paulsen continues to shine at each of the positions that factor into our overall scoring: RB (#2), WR (#2), TE (#4), and QB (#9).
- One of the experts who is making a late push to challenge Paulsen for the overall crown is David Dodds (FootballGuys). Dodds had been locked in at #3 overall for the previous 4 weeks but he has surged up to #2 based on the strength of his week 12 predictions. His picks were good enough to make him the #1 RB guru in our competition which is an honor he took home last year as well. While it is likely too soon for Paulsen to look over his shoulder, Dodds is currently the closest he’s been to Paulsen’s accuracy rating this season.
- The biggest mover in the standings this week is Ryan Lester (Lester’s Legends). Lester vaulted up to #4 overall which isn’t too surprising considering that he finished as week 12’s most accurate expert. This is now the third time this season that Lester has made it into the upper portion of the YTD standings. However, the previous 2 times he slipped out of the top 5 the following week so maintaining his position will be the next challenge for Lester to conquer in week 13.
We’ll be back again next week with another wrap-up to go over the accuracy results from week 13 and to take a look at how the YTD leaderboard has changed.
In the meantime, don’t forget that you can visit the accuracy section of our site to view a complete breakdown of all the experts in our study. The entire standings are offered at no cost to our registered members. Simply sign up for FREE and you’ll be able to view all of the accuracy scores. Thanks!