Welcome to Tuesday’s FanDuel lineup. My last lineup on Friday was just good enough to earn money in the $1 single entry GPP Bunt game as well as a cash game. Let’s try to make it two in a row. As always, I’ll be entering this lineup in the $1 GPP Bunt game which allows for only one entry and a $1 cash game.
It doesn’t look like there are any weather concerns on the horizon for tonight, but it’s always good to keep yourself updated by following @KevinRothWX on Twitter for up-to-the-minute weather information.
I’ll be using our DFS Cheat sheet to identify my “other notables” for tonight’s contests. While it shouldn’t be taken as infallible DFS scripture, I think it serves as a handy guide for finding hidden values at certain positions.
- Charlie Morton – PIT @ MIA – $7,100
Morton is my favorite value pitcher tonight as the Pirates are favored with a -163 line on the road in Miami (the third most favorable line of the night). He’s been solid for the Pirates in August, with a 2.52 ERA and a 30/6 K/BB rate over 25 innings. The Marlins have lost their last four games, scoring 1.25 runs per game over that span. The previous sample is small, but I think Morton will be able to handle the Marlins’ lineup and earn a win for the surging Pirates who have won eight of their last 10 games.
- Jake Arrieta – CHC @ SFG – $11,200
- Noah Syndergaard – NYM @ PHI – $10,800
- Stephen Strasburg – WAS vs. SD – $10,000
- James Shields – SD @ WAS – $8,900
- Jaime Garcia – STL @ ARI – $8,800
- Nathan Karns – TB @ MIN – $8,200
- Travis d’Arnaud – NYM @ PHI – $3,100
d’Arnaud has been great for the Mets in his return from the disabled list, hitting three home runs and four doubles over his last 10 games. He faces Jerome Williams tonight, and I love targeting right-handed hitters against him. At home this season, righties are slugging .532 against Williams with eight home runs. He hasn’t allowed a home run to a left-handed batter at Citizen’s Bank Park this season. Target right-handed Mets against Jerome Williams tonight.
- Victor Martinez – DET vs. LAA – $2,700
- Josh Phegley – OAK @ SEA – $2,700
- Francisco Cervelli – PIT @ MIA – $2,600
- John Jaso – TB vs. MIN – $2,200
- Edwin Encarnacion – TOR @ TEX – $5,200
Encarnacion is raking in his last 10 games, hitting safely in all of them with three multi-hit performances. He has five doubles and three home runs over that span. Edwin fares better on the road against lefties than he does righties, but he does have a juicy .344 BABIP against left-handed pitching on the road this season. It should be noted his power number against lefties on the road aren’t that great as he’s sporting an .095 ISO. That doesn’t scare me away from using him tonight where he’ll face lefty Derek Holland making his second start in a return from the disabled list. The Blue Jays are on fire, and I’m riding their streak by picking Encarnacion tonight.
- Freddie Freeman – ATL vs. COL – $3,200
- Paul Goldschmidt – ARI vs. STL – $4,700
- Jose Abreu – CWS vs. BOS – $4,100
- Anthony Rizzo – CHC @ SF – $4,500
- Adam Lind – MIL @ CLE – $3,700
- Ben Paulsen – COL @ ATL – $2,800
- Robinson Cano – SEA vs. OAK – $3,700
Cano has hit safely in eight of his last 10 games with four multi-hit performances including a 5-for-7 effort with a double and a home run in Boston on 8/16. He faces the right-handed Jesse Chavez who has given up six home runs in his past five games. Cano is hitting .286/.341/.448 with a .337 wOBA and a 119 wRC+ against right-handed pitching in Seattle this season.
- Scooter Gennett – MIL @ CLE – $2,400
I like Gennett at this price facing the right-handed Josh Tomlin in Cleveland. Gennett will often lead off against right-handed pitching which boosts his opportunities at the plate, and he’s hit safely in eight of his last 10 games with three doubles and a home run. His road numbers against right-handed pitching aren’t great .255/.290/.373 but he does have an intriguing .325 BABIP. Gennett is value gamble for me tonight.
- Kelly Johnson – NYM @ PHI – $2,400
- Daniel Murphy – NYM @ PHI – $4,100
- Chris Coghlan – CHC @ SF – $3,300
- Enrique Hernandez – LAD @ CIN – $2,200
- Todd Frazier – CIN vs. LAD – $2,800
Even if Frazier is slumping or playing hurt, I can’t ignore him for $2,800 at home against a left-handed pitcher. His home numbers against lefties this season are Ruthian: .364/.417/.773 with a .409 ISO and a 220 wRC+. On the road this season, righties are hitting .277/.350/.394 with a .324 wOBA against Alex Wood.
- Josh Donaldson – TOR @ TEX – $6,200
- Manny Machado – BAL @ KC – $3,700
- Justin Turner – LAD @ CIN – $3,000
- Juan Uribe – NYM @ PHI – $2,800
- Xander Bogaerts – BOS @ CWS – $3,200
Boston’s offense is rolling and they face lefty Jose Quintana in Chicago tonight. Bogaerts is hitting .369/.388/.431 with a .358 wOBA and a 126 wRC+ against lefties on the road this season. He’s hit safely in eight of his last 10 games with four multi-hit performances.
- Troy Tulowitzki – TOR @ TEX – $3,800
- Jhonny Peralta – STL @ ARI – $2,400
- Jung-Ho Kang – PIT @ MIA – $3,700
- Francisco Lindor – CLE vs. MIL – $3,100
- Eugenio Suarez – CIN vs. LAD – $2,700
- Lorenzo Cain – KAN vs. BAL – $3,700
Cain vs. right-handed pitching at home this season: .328/.365/.533, .383 wOBA and a 147 wRC+
- Rusney Castillo – BOS @ CWS – $3,300
Castillo vs. left-handed pitching on the road this season: .364/.391/.455, .367 wOBA, 132 wRC+
- Avisail Garcia – CWS vs. BOS – $2,900
Garcia vs. left-handed pitching at home this season: .214/.313/.333, .283 wOBA, 77 wRC+
One of these things is not like the other. Garcia has some pretty unfortunate numbers at home against lefties this season. I’m not backing off, as he’s fared better against lefties in general with a .292/.354/.404 batting line including a .322 wOBA and 104 wRC+. He faces the lefty Wade Miley, who has allowed a .285/.373/.456 batting line to right-handed hitters on the road this season.
- Yoenis Cespedes – NYM @ PHI – $4,000
- Andrew McCutchen – PIT @ MIA – $4,900
- Jose Bautista – TOR @ TEX – $5,100
- Kole Calhoun – LAA @ DET – $3,300
- Yasiel Puig – LAD @ CIN – $2,700
- Michael Brantley – CLE vs. MIL – $4,000
- Adam Jones – BAL @ KC – $3,600
- A.J. Pollock – ARI vs. STL – $4,900
- P: Charlie Morton – PIT @ MIA – $7,100
- C: Travis d’Arnaud – NYM @ PHI – $3,100
- 1B: Edwin Encarnacion – TOR @ TEX – $5,200
- 2B: Robinson Cano – SEA vs. OAK – $3,700
- 3B: Todd Frazier – CIN vs. LAD – $2,800
- SS: Xander Bogaerts – BOS @ CWS – $3,200
- OF: Lorenzo Cain – KAN vs. Bal – $3,700
- OF: Rusney Castillo – BOS @ CWS – $3,300
- OF: Avisail Garcia – CWS vs. BOS – $2,900
Remaining salary: $0