DraftKings NBA Lineup Advice: Wednesday (4/12)
14 games greet us on the final day of the 2016-2017 NBA regular season. It’s crucial to manage your expectations tonight, as there are only a handful of teams truly playing for anything. There are already a plethora of injury/rest situations to take into account, and I’m sure more will come down as the day unfolds. I will do my best to navigate the news that is currently present, while also taking into account any players that are involved in a game that might have some playoff implications. Let’s take a look at a tournament lineup for DraftKings.
Malcolm Brogdon (MIL): $4,900 @ BOS
The Bucks are resting a bunch of regulars tonight, which should shift the offensive burden to players like Brogdon and Greg Monroe. Despite the fact that he will likely still be limited to less than 30 minutes, I think the volume should offset any playing time concerns, especially in a plus matchup.
- Russell Westbrook (OKC): $13,600 vs. DEN
- Chris Paul (LAC): $8,800 vs. SAC
- Jrue Holiday (NO): $8,100 @ POR (if Anthony Davis and/or DeMarcus Cousins are out)
- Goran Dragic (MIA): $7,200 vs. WAS
- Ish Smith (DET): $5,900 @ ORL
- Jamal Murray (DEN): $5,500 @ OKC
Dwyane Wade (CHI): $5,600 vs. BKN
The Bulls simply need to win to get into the playoffs, and with the Nets resting several veteran players, that should be an easy task. Wade has some concerns revolving around playing time, but his modest salary offsets some of that risk. I look for Wade and Jimmy Butler to will the Bulls into the playoffs tonight.
- Buddy Hield (SAC): $6,300 @ LAC
- Gary Harris (DEN): $6,100 @ OKC
- Josh Richardson (MIA): $5,800 vs. WAS
- Jordan Crawford (NO): $5,200 @ POR
- Courtney Lee (NY): $4,900 vs. PHI
Paul George (IND): $9,700 vs. ATL
Just like the Bulls, the Pacers simply need a win to get into the playoffs. With the Hawks unable to change their own playoff seeding, there’s a chance they could rest some players, which would make this matchup easier. Still, I look for George and the Pacers to leave nothing to chance, which should mean a big night is in store for the forward this evening.
- Jimmy Butler (CHI): $10,200 vs. BKN
- Kevin Durant (GS): $8,200 vs. LAL (risky, but cheap)
- Andrew Wiggins (MIN): $7,300 @ HOU
- Wilson Chandler (DEN): $5,600 @ OKC
James Johnson (MIA): $6,900 vs. WAS
The Heat need to win and get some help to sneak into the playoffs, so I expect all hands on deck in Miami tonight. Johnson continues to be a strong producer for the Heat, and as I’ve hammered home a lot, his ability to contribute to multiple categories gives him a solid floor. He should be looking at all of the minutes that he can handle, in a very crucial game for the Heat.
- Blake Griffin (LAC): $8,400 vs. SAC
- Kevin Love (CLE): $7,700 vs. TOR (if he plays)
- Julius Randle (LAL): $6,600 @ GS
- Gorgui Dieng (MIN): $6,100 @ HOU
- Dario Saric (PHI): $5,500 @ NY
- Henry Ellenson (DET): $4,100 @ ORL
Greg Monroe (MIL): $4,800 @ BOS
As I noted earlier, the Bucks are set to rest a few of their starters, so I look for a lot of the workload to fall to Monroe and Malcolm Brogdon this evening. This is a plus matchup against the Celtics, and I like Monroe’s chances at easily hitting fantasy output of six times his current salary.
- Karl-Anthony Towns (MIN): $10,300 @ HOU
- Nikola Jokic (DEN): $9,300 @ OKC
- Hassan Whiteside (MIA): $8,200 vs. WAS
- Richaun Holmes (PHI): $5,800 @ NY
- Boban Marjanovic (DET): $5,300 @ ORL
- Alexis Ajinca (NO): $4,600 @ POR (if DeMarcus Cousins is out)
Elfrid Payton (ORL): $7,100 vs. DET
Payton proved to be a triple-double threat as the season drew to a close, and tonight’s opponent presents a good opportunity to finish out the season on a high note. There’s nothing special on the line in this game, but I look for two subpar teams to try and finish out the season on a high note, and I like Payton’s chances at a big game in the process.
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (BKN): $5,500 @ CHI
The Nets are resting several veterans tonight, which should translate to extra run and responsibility for Hollis-Jefferson this evening. He’s coming off of consecutive outings of at least 44 DKP, and with Trevor Booker one of the regulars resting, I think he can put forth a similar line as there should be some extra rebounds to be grabbed.
Guillermo Hernangomez (NY): $5,500 vs. PHI
The Knicks will be without several players this evening, and I expect Hernangomez to see around 30 minutes of playing time as a result. This is a plus matchup against the Sixers, and I love the value in Hernangomez’s salary as a result.
- PG – Malcolm Brogdon (MIL): $4,900 @ BOS
- SG – Dwyane Wade (CHI): $5,600 vs. BKN
- SF – Paul George (IND): $9,700 vs. ATL
- PF – James Johnson (MIA): $6,900 vs. WAS
- C – Greg Monroe (MIL): $4,800 @ BOS
- G – Elfrid Payton (ORL): $7,100 vs. DET
- F – Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (BKN): $5,500 @ CHI
- UTIL – Guillermo Hernangomez (NY): $5,500 vs. PHI