FanDuel MLB Lineup Advice: Friday (7/7)
There are six aces going tonight including Scherzer. We also have Coors and Chase Field on the slate plus several great offenses with easy matchups so the cash line in GPPs should be upward of 200 and in cash games around 155. There are some weather concerns in Cleveland, but all games should be completed tonight. There isn’t much in the way of wind that will help or hurt offenses either. Let’s take a look at how I’ll navigate the slate.
For reference throughout the season, be sure to bookmark our overview of MLB Park Factors and how to Use Weather to Your Advantage in MLB DFS. Also, check out our GPP and Cash Games Primers to learn more about different daily fantasy game types specific to MLB.
Zack Greinke (ARI) : $9,700 vs CIN
With Max Scherzer going tonight, it is very difficult to pass up on him, especially considering all of the value on the board, but Greinke is a heavy favorite too and should rack up the strikeouts against a Reds team that is prone to Ks vs RHPs. Greinke is nearly $3,000 cheaper than Scherzer despite the similarities in projections tonight.
Gary Sanchez (NYY) : $3,500 vs MIL
Say what you want about the Rockies at Coors tonight, but the Yankees have a 6.35 implied total at Yankee Stadium tonight across from Junior Guerra. Sanchez should be batting 3rd with the wind blowing out and I’ll tell ya, I’d spend $1,000 more for him if I had to.
Edwin Encarnacion (CLE) : $3,300 vs DET
The Indians’ star has been hot in the past 20 days and is coming off of a 43.8 point performance last night. Jordan Zimmerman is quite literally the opposite so I’m licking my chops at the price tonight. The Indians are expected to pour on the runs tonight according to Vegas, so long as this game isn’t rained out.
Jonathan Villar (MIL): $2,900 @ NYY
The Brewers send Villar down because he has been so bad, but even with the missed MLB time, he is still on pace for 17 HRs and 34 SB this season. Last year, Villar batted .309/.385/.545 with 8 HR and 16 SB in just 165 at bats so the matchup and price don’t quite line up.
Nolan Arenado (COL) : $4,700 vs CHW
This is the only Coors player we are using tonight because they are just so expensive, but it is worth noting that Derek Holland gets destroyed by righties, Arenado whoops on lefties and that the Rockies are expected to score nearly 7 runs tonight which is virtually unheard of. What’s more. is that the Rockies lineup has three big lefties so Arenado could be the one to do most of the damage.
Didi Gregorius (NYY): $3,100 vs MIL
Remember how I said this Yankees lineup is bound to explode tonight? Gregorius is likely going to bat cleanup for them tonight so he should have plenty of RBI opportunities. Guerra has a 1.60 WHIP so far this season so expect Didi to spend some time on the basepaths and maybe score a few runs too.
Clint Frazier (NYY): $2,200 vs MIL
The rookie will be batting toward the end of the lineup, but in tonight’s game, he should see 4 or 5 plate appearances anyways. He is far too good of a player to be this price with that many opportunities. Frazier is a top 50 prospect with plus power and some speed as well.
Brian Goodwin (WAS) : $2,700 vs ATL
The Nationals aren’t expected to score 6+ runs like a few of the other teams, but seeing that 5.01 implied total is pretty nice too. Goodwin will be batting leadoff against Dickey and has been quite good this season. Goodwin has 8.5 fantasy points per game this season which usually warrants a price $800 bucks higher.
David Peralta (ARI): $2,900 vs CIN
The Diamondbacks get a crummy righty tonight at home and Vegas, as you might expect, has them exploding for a bunch of runs. Peralta is significantly better at home and against righties so make sure to plug him into your lineup if you need a cheaper play.
Other Top Options (in order)
- Everyone at Coors, especially Rockies
- Nelson Cruz (OF – SEA): $4,200 vs OAK
- Domingo Santana (OF – MIL): $3,600 @ NYY
- Rougned Odor (2B – TEX): $3,600 vs LAA *if he plays
- Ryan Braun (OF – MIL): $4,100 @ NYY
- Elvis Andrus (SS – TEX): $3,200 vs LAA
- Jake Lamb (3B – ARI): $3,600 vs CIN
- Yasmani Grandal (C – LAD): $3,100 vs KCR
- Tyler Wade (OF – NYY): $2,100 vs MIL
- Cody Bellinger (1B – LAD): $3,700 vs KCR
- Corey Seager (SS – LAD): $3,800 vs KCR
- Brian Dozier (2B – MIN): $2,700 vs BAL
- Josh Donaldson (3B – TOR): $3,100 vs HOU
- Francisco Lindor (SS – CLE): $3,500 vs DET
- Wilson Ramos (C – TBR): $2,500 vs BOS
- Brian Dozier (2B – MIN): $3,400 vs BAL
- Miguel Sano (3B – MIN): $3,500 vs BAL
- Mitch Haniger (OF – SEA): $2,900 vs OAK
- Nomar Mazara (OF – TEX): $3,200 vs LAA
- Mitch Moreland (1B – BOS): $3,000 vs TBR
- Welington Castillo (C – BAL): $2,500 @ MIN
- Michael Brantley (OF – CLE): $3,400 vs DET
- Jesus Aguilar (1B – MIL): $2,100 @ NYY
- Max Kepler (OF – MIN): $2,600 vs BAL