FanDuel MLB Lineup Advice: Wednesday (9/20)
Yesterday’s slate was so ugly that I somehow managed to double-up despite scoring just 105 points. As you know, that is a full 45 less than it typically takes to reach the cash line. Tonight, we should be back up around 140 to 155 because there are a number of aces to work with along with about 10 pitchers who frankly don’t belong in the big leagues. I love the lineup I was able to craft with today’s prices so let me tell you about it.
No expected rain delays
For reference throughout the season, be sure to bookmark our overview of MLB Park Factors and how to Use Weather to Your Advantage in MLB DFS. Also, check out our GPP and Cash Games Primers to learn more about different daily fantasy game types specific to MLB.
Dinelson Lamet (SDP): $8,300 vs ARI
With Chris Sale, Alex Wood, Robbie Ray and the emergent Luke Weaver all on the mound, this one may come as a surprise to you, but of those pitchers, none have been consistently throwing enough innings for the quality start. Lamet, meanwhile, has four consecutive quality starts and has allowed just a 2.44 ERA over his last 59 innings pitched with 66 Ks. Tonight, he throws in the best pitcher’s park in baseball against a team who is nowhere near as good against right-handed pitchers.
Wilson Ramos (TBR) : $2,300 vs CHC
Jon Lester hasn’t been himself this season, but he is still a solid pitcher. That isn’t the case against righties, however, as he has allowed 49 extra-base hits to them already this season. Ramos will be batting in the middle of the order and while he has struggled since returning to injury, he has been quite good against lefties.
Cody Bellinger (LAD): $4,200 @ PHI
After a cold streak, Bellinger has been picking it up once again. Tonight, he gets Jake Thompson, who is among the worst pitchers on the slate, as evidenced by the Dodgers’ high implied total. Bellinger has a .978 OPS against the split and gets a major ballpark upgrade this evening.
Javier Baez (CHC) : $3,300 @ TBR
Even against Blake Snell, any time Baez gets a lefty, I’ve got to play him. Since the all-star break, his bat has come on strong, with an .858 OPS and all season, he has been among the best hitters in baseball against lefties with a .331/.365/.610 line. He can swipe some bags too.
Alex Bregman (HOU) : $3,300 vs CHW
Bregman is another one who can steal some bases, but his primary appeal tonight is the opposing pitcher. James Shields has been a trainwreck all season with a 5.43 ERA. The splits don’t line up perfectly, but Bregman should have loads of RBI opportunities as Houston has the top implied total of the night at 6.20. He is also another player who has had a terrific second half.
Corey Seager (LAD) : $2,900 @ PHI
Another day and another crazy-low price on one of the best hitters in baseball. Seager will be batting 2nd tonight against Jake Thompson in a high-implied lineup and a ballpark that is much better fit for hitters than Dodger Stadium.
I love using the lefty-bashers from Milwaukee and especially when they get someone like Steve Brauly, who has a .311/.378/.525 line against righties over the past three seasons. This is a ballpark downgrade for both of them, but consider that Braun has a .926 OPS over the last three years against lefties and that Santana has an .879 against them over his career. Likewise, Bruce crushes his split this season, with an .898 OPS, and as we know, Ricky Nolasco isn’t the toughest opponent.
Other Top Options (in order)
- Carlos Correa (SS – HOU): $3,500 vs CHC
- Kurt Suzuki (C – ATL): $3,200 vs WAS
- Daniel Murphy (2B – WAS): $3,500 @ ATL
- Willson Contreras (C – CHC): $3,400 @ TBR
- Justin Turner (3B – LAD): $4,200 @ PHI
- Josh Reddick (OF – HOU): $3,600 vs CHW
- Tommy Pham (OF – STL): $3,600 @ CIN
- Justin Smoak (1B – TOR): $3,200 vs KCR
- Albert Almora (OF – CHC): $2,700 @ TBR
- Mookie Betts (OF – BOS): $4,500 @ BAL
- Hanley Ramirez (1B – BOS): $2,600 @ BAL
- Robinson Cano (2B – SEA): $3,500 vs TEX
- Paul DeJong (SS – STL): $2,900 @ CIN
- George Springer (OF – HOU): $3,700 vs CHW
- Dexter Fowler (OF – STL): $3,500 @ CIN
- Chris Young (OF – BOS): $2,200 @ BAL
- Kolten Wong (2B – STL): $3,300 @ CIN
- Kyle Seager (3B – SEA): $3,600 vs TEX
- Marwin Gonzalez (SS – HOU): $3,000 vs CHC
- Jesse Winker (OF – CIN): $2,900 vs STL
- Chris Taylor (OF – LAD): $3,200 @ PHI
- Evan Longoria (3B – TBR): $3,300 vs CHC
- Yadier Molina (C – STL): $3,000 @ CIN
- Yonder Alonso (1B – SEA): $2,600 vs TEX