DRAFT NFL Lineup Advice: Week 5 (Thur/Sun/Mon)
Injuries were the focal point after Week 4. Dalvin Cook, Chris Carson, and Ty Montgomery were all involved in situations that removed them from their games. Luckily, it looks like Montgomery will return at some point this season.
As for our Week 4 rankings, Russell Wilson stepped up in the second half to produce the points we were looking for on Sunday night.
Also, we suggested DeAndre Hopkins, and he shined against the Titans. Nuk caught 10 passes for 107 yards and a TD. He continues to lead the league with 49 targets this season.
Now, on to the Week 5 Rankings…
1. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (@ Cowboys)
2. Tom Brady, Patriots (@ Bucs)
3. Dak Prescott, Cowboys (vs. Packers)
4. Jameis Winston, Bucs (vs. Patriots)
5. Russell Wilson, Seahawks (@ Rams)
6. Matthew Stafford, Lions (vs. Panthers)
7. Carson Wentz, Eagles (vs. Cardinals)
8. Deshaun Watson, Texans (vs. Chiefs)
9. Carson Palmer, Cardinals (@ Eagles)
10. Cam Newton, Panthers (@ Lions)
Get your QBs early. Two games have an over/under of 52, or higher. The Patriots/Buccaneers game on Thursday night and the Packers/Cowboys game on Sunday afternoon. I want the four quarterbacks from those games, if I can get them.
Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Dak Prescott are all Top 5 in fantasy points this season. Jameis Winston didn’t play in Week 1, but has played better and better each week. He threw one TD in Week 2 (vs. Bears). Then, two TDs in Week 3 (@ Vikings). And, last week, Winston threw three TD passes for 332 yards against the Giants.
1. Le’Veon Bell, Steelers (vs. Jaguars)
2. Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys (vs. Packers)
3. Kareem Hunt, Chiefs (@ Texans)
4. Todd Gurley, Rams (vs. Seahawks)
5. LeSean McCoy, Bills (@ Bengals)
6. Leonard Fournette, Jaguars (@ Steelers)
7. Carlos Hyde, 49ers (@ Colts)
8. Melvin Gordon, Chargers (@ Giants)
9. Jay Ajayi, Dolphins (vs. Titans)
10. Lamar Miller, Texans (vs. Chiefs)
11. Jordan Howard, Bears (vs. Vikings)
12. DeMarco Murray, Titans (@ Dolphins)
13. Bilal Powell, Jets (@ Browns)
14. Ameer Abdullah, Lions (vs. Panthers)
15. Mike Gillislee, Patriots (@ Bucs)
16. Joe Mixon, Bengals (vs. Bills)
17. Christian McCaffrey, Panthers (@ Lions)
18. Marshawn Lynch, Raiders (vs. Ravens)
19. Duke Johnson, Browns (vs. Jets)
20. Frank Gore, Colts (vs. 49ers)
Bell should be the first choice in Week 5. He finally broke out of his 2017 funk and tallied 144 yards and two rushing TDs on 35 attempts. His opponent this Sunday, the Jaguars, are one of the best against the pass, but struggle against the run. Look for Bell to get his 30+ carries, again.
Even though DRAFT scoring is only half-point PPR, I still think Duke Johnson is a solid choice toward the end of your draft. Last week, against the Bengals, Johnson caught nine passes on 10 targets for 47 yards. He even got the goal line TD at the end of the game. The Jets are allowing the fourth-most points to opposing RBs this season.
Wide Receiver/Tight End
1. Mike Evans, Bucs (vs. Patriots)
2. Jordy Nelson, Packers (@ Cowboys)
3. A.J. Green, Bengals (vs. Bills)
4. Antonio Brown, Steelers (vs. Jaguars)
5. Odell Beckham Jr., Giants (vs. Chargers)
6. DeAndre Hopkins, Texans (vs. Chiefs)
7. Dez Bryant, Cowboys (vs. Packers)
8. Stefon Diggs, Vikings (@ Bears)
9. Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals (@ Eagles)
10. Brandin Cooks, Patriots (@ Bucs)
11. Rob Gronkowski, Patriots (@ Bucs)
12. Tyreek Hill, Chiefs (@ Texans)
13. Doug Baldwin, Seahawks (@ Rams)
14. Keenan Allen, Chargers (@ Giants)
15. DeVante Parker, Dolphins (vs. Titans)
16. T.Y. Hilton, Colts (vs. 49ers)
17. Pierre Garcon, 49ers (@ Colts)
18. DeSean Jackson, Bucs (vs. Patriots)
19. Golden Tate, Lions (vs. Panthers)
20. Chris Hogan, Patriots (@ Bucs)
Much like the quarterback situation, be sure to load up on Patriots/Bucs, if you can. Out of the 20 WR/TEs in my rankings, five are from that game. Plus, with Antonio Brown facing that tough Jaguars secondary, I’d give Mike Evans the No. 1 nod from this group.
Even without Sam Bradford, Stefon Diggs continues to have a monstrous season. He’s tallied at least 93 receiving yards in three out of four games and has scored four TDs. This week, Diggs will get a Bears secondary that has allowed the seventh-most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers this season.