DRAFT MLB Lineup Advice: Wednesday (5/23)
Back-to-back 15-game MLB slates for DFS in the middle of the week? I think that’s the true start to the summer season. Games started at 1:10 pm (EST) for the 15-game schedule, 7:05 pm (EST) for the 10-game schedule, and a two-game 10:05 pm (EST) ticket to end the evening on DRAFT.
With the slate spread out across the day, we’ll focus on the 7:05 pm (EST), 10-game schedule. Four of those games have an over/under of at least nine total runs. Four teams are favored to win with odds of at least -180.
This article is posted well before lineups are released by the managers. If you have a question, feel free to reach me on Twitter @CharlieSideHstl.
- Jacob deGrom, NYM (vs. MIA)
- Kenta Maeda, LAD (vs. COL)
- Chris Archer, TB (vs. BOS)
- Michael Wacha, STL (vs. KC)
- Tyler Skaggs, LAA (@ TOR)
- Zack Godley, ARI (@ MIL)
- Kyle Freeland, COL (@ LAD)
- David Price, BOS (@ TB)
- Luiz Gohara, ATL (@ PHI)
- Jake Arrieta, PHI (vs. ATL)
Waiting until the later slate won’t impact our pitchers much. We only miss out on Justin Verlander. My top pitcher for the entire day is still deGrom. After a 45-pitch inning on May 13th, deGrom returned to form against the Diamondbacks: 7 IP, 1 ER, and 13 K. I think he’s healthy. The Marlins are 30th in runs scored this season (165 runs in 48 games).
Although his team is the underdog, look for Freeland to notch a decent outing on Wednesday against the Dodgers. Freeland has allowed two earned runs, or less, in three consecutive games and he’s struck out at least five batters in five straight games.
- Giancarlo Stanton, NYY (@ TEX)
- Manny Machado, BAL (@ CWS)
- Gary Sanchez, NYY (@ TEX)
- Joey Votto, CIN (vs. PIT)
- Kris Bryant, CHC (vs. CLE)
- Freddie Freeman, ATL (@ PHI)
- Scooter Gennett, CIN (vs. PIT)
- Didi Gregorius, NYY (@ TEX)
- Anthony Rizzo, CHC (vs. CLE)
- Gleyber Torres, NYY (@ TEX)
- Jose Abreu, CWS (vs. BAL)
- Josh Donaldson, TOR (vs. LAA)
- Eugenio Suarez, CIN (vs. PIT)
- Francisco Lindor, CLE (@ CHC)
- J.D. Martinez, BOS (@ TB)
- Ozzie Albies, ATL (@ PHI)
- Jose Ramirez, CLE (@ CHC)
- Yoan Moncada, CWS (vs. BAL)
- Josh Harrison, PIT (@ CIN)
- Josh Bell, PIT (@ CIN)
The Yankees lead the entire slate with a 5.8 implied run total. Stanton is batting .318 (7-of-22) with one double and one home run in the past week. He’s tallied at least one hit in seven straight games. The pitcher Stanton is facing on Wednesday, Doug Fister, has allowed four home runs in the past three combined games (nine earned runs).
I seem to mention Machado with every DRAFT post and, yet, he continues to get overlooked. Currently, Machado is projected to score the fourth-most points among infielders, according to the DRAFT app. His Orioles are projected to score the second-most runs on Wednesday (5.1 runs). Dylan Covey only pitched in one game this season. He allowed four earned runs and walked three Royals.
- Aaron Judge, NYY (@ TEX)
- Mike Trout, LAA (@ TOR)
- Mookie Betts, BOS (@ TB)
- Trey Mancini, BAL (@ CWS)
- Charlie Blackmon, COL (@ LAD)
- Brett Gardner, NYY (@ TEX)
- Andrew Benintendi, BOS (@ TB)
- Justin Upton, LAA (@ TOR)
- Aaron Hicks, NYY (@ TEX)
- Teoscar Hernandez, TOR (vs. LAA)
- Gregory Polanco, PIT (@ CIN)
- Ian Happ, CHC (vs. CLE)
- Rhys Hoskins, PHI (vs. ATL)
- Mitch Haniger, SEA (@ OAK)
- Corey Dickerson, PIT (@ CIN)
- Austin Meadows, PIT (@ CIN)
- Aaron Altherr, PHI (vs. ATL)
- Kyle Schwarber, CHC (vs. CLE)
- Michael Conforto, NYM (vs. MIA)
- Adam Jones, BAL (@ CWS)
It’s weird not slating Betts at the top of the rankings, but the matchup isn’t as easy as the hitters higher in the ranks. On a positive note, Betts is 12-for-34 (.353) with six extra-base hits and four home runs against Price. Betts has homered in three of the past four games, too.
Happ has hammered the ball in the past week. He’s 7-for-16 (.438) with six extra-base hits (three home runs) in the last seven days. The Cubs are projected to score 4.9 runs against the Indians on Wednesday (third-most). Happ is better from the right side of the plate, but he’s still homered in three of the past four games.