DraftKings DFS NBA Strategy Advice: Wednesday (8/19)
This week is the NBA Playoffs and we have only four games on Wednesday’s slate. Today’s games begin at 1:30 PM EST and run until 9:00 PM EST. With this being the playoffs, the value plays will be hard to come by, and you will want to rely on the superstars more.
|Marcus Smart (BOS)||vs. PHI||$5,600||⭐⭐||Medium|
|Lou Williams (LAC)||vs. DAL||$5,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
Smart didn’t have the best game in his first matchup against the 76ers, but there is no reason to be down on him. He is capable of putting up a great stat line, especially if he gets those defensive stats. Look for him to get you close to 30 fantasy points.
Williams has taken a while to get back into the flow of things but has been great over his last two games averaging 32.6 fantasy points. Williams should be given more opportunities to put up a big game and look for him to get you close to 35 fantasy points.
|Tim Hardaway (DAL)||vs. TOR||$5,300||⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Jordan Clarkson (UTA)||@ DEN||$4,700||⭐⭐⭐||High|
Hardaway Jr., in his last game, put up 30.5 fantasy points against the Clippers. He should be able to duplicate this feat again and get you close to 30 fantasy points. The value is there, and he will be the third scoring option on this team.
Clarkson will have ample opportunity with Mike Conley Jr. to miss Game 2. In the last game, Clarkson put up 27.8 fantasy points and should be able to give a similar output. Expect Clarkson to provide you with 30 fantasy points and be a steal at this price point.
|Marcus Morris (LAC)||vs. DAL||$4,800||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|OG Anunoby (TOR)||vs. BKN||$4,400||⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
Morris is coming off a fantastic game where he put up 37 fantasy points. His production might slightly dip in this game, but he should produce well enough to give you close to 30 fantasy points, and at $4,800 should be an absolute steal.
Anunoby is a hit or miss at this point, but the Raptors should handle the Nets, and that should give Anounoby ample opportunities to put up production. He should easily give you close to 25 fantasy points, and at $4,400, he will be worth the price.
|Jerami Grant (DEN)||vs. UTA||$4,600||⭐⭐||High|
|Royce O’Neale (UTA)||@ DEN||$3,700||⭐⭐||High|
Grant is coming off a solid game where he put up 28.5 fantasy points. Paul Millsap has struggled, and Grant should be in line for more playing time. He should be able to have another decent game and give you close to 28 fantasy points.
O’Neale hasn’t been amazing by any means and is a very high-risk play, but he has it in him to give you close to 25 fantasy points. However, he could just as easily give you ten fantasy points. O’Neale is a real boom or bust prospect but should play up to 30 minutes and have a chance to put some stats up.
|Serge Ibaka (TOR)||vs. BKN||$5,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Maxi Kleber (DAL)||@ LAC||$3,600||⭐⭐||High|
Ibaka put up 37.8 fantasy points in his last game against the Nets and should be able to give you similar output. The Nets should be a reasonably easy matchup for Ibaka and look for him to dominate and give you close to 35 fantasy points.
Kleber is a risky prospect and will depend on the health of Kristaps Porzingis, who is dealing with a sore knee. If Porzingis does not play, Kleber will have the value and could give you the product of nearly 30 fantasy points.
5 Notable Players to Fade
- Luka Doncic (DAL) $11,000: Doncic is coming off a fantastic game where he put up 65.8 fantasy points, but the Clippers will be looking to shut him down in Game 2. Look for Luka to have a game where he gives you closer to 35 fantasy points.
- Donovan Mitchell (UTA) $9,200: Mitchell is coming off a game where he just dropped 57 points and put up 81.3 fantasy points. He will disappoint you in this next game and maybe only get you 30 fantasy points.
- Kristaps Porzingis (DAL) $8,900: Porzingis is battling a sore knee and may not even suit up. If he does he will be playing limited minutes and may not give great value.
- Jaylen Brown (BOS) $7,500: Brown is dealing with a bruised quad and that could lead to some limited minutes for him, he should be avoided at this price point.
- Michael Porter (DEN) $7,000: Porter Jr. has been on a downward decline and struggled in his last game against the Jazz. He won’t be worth his current price point.
5 Studs Worth Their Salary
- Joel Embiid (PHI) $9,900: Embiid will be in line for a monster stat line against the Celtics who have no way of stopping him he will put up 50 or more fantasy points.
- Jayson Tatum (BOS) $9,000: Tatum has been balling as of late and with multiple injuries to the Celtics roster he will shoulder a bigger load.
- Paul George (LAC) $8,600: George should have a fantastic game against the Mavericks he will be well worth his value.
- Kyle Lowry (TOR) $8,000: Lowry played well against the Nets and should continue to give you close to 40 fantasy points tonight.
- Jamal Murray (DEN) $7,200: Murray is coming of one of his best games of the season and should continue to stay hot against the Jazz.
Beyond our daily fantasy basketball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Basketball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy basketball season.