FanDuel DFS NBA Strategy Advice: Friday (8/14)
Today’s schedule of games features a quick four-game slate, as it’s the last of the bubble seeding games prior to advancing to the play-in tournament. None of the teams playing today are operating on a back-to-back, but there are likely to be a bunch of strange and confusing roster decisions, so ensure you’re up-to-date and paying attention to lineup news. The all-day slate tips-off at 1:30 p.m. EST.
|Shake Milton (PHI)||@ HOU||$4,600||⭐⭐⭐⭐||LOW|
|Reggie Jackson (LAC)||vs. OKC||$3,900||⭐⭐⭐||LOW|
Shake Milton is coming off two decent performances in consecutive games, though his minutes began to drop in the most recent contest, as he registered only 22 of them. Milton’s matchup is a decent one, as the Houston Rockets rank 14th in defensive rating and second in pace. He’s one of the better value plays at the position on this slate. Projecting Reggie Jackson’s minutes is a tough endeavor, as he’s been on both ends of the spectrum on a per-game basis. The positive for Jackson is that Patrick Beverley and Landry Shamet are sidelined, in addition to Chris Paul being sidelined on the opposite side.
|Tyler Herro (MIA)||@ IND||$5,300||⭐⭐⭐||MEDIUM|
|Terrance Ferguson (OKC)||@ LAC||$3,500||⭐⭐⭐||LOW|
The shooting guard position features many big names, but most are being held out or operating on limited minutes. Tyler Herro is coming off an incredible 45.2-point performance and now gets the Indiana Pacers without needing to oppose a dominant defender such as Victor Oladipo. Herro’s 38 minutes from his last contest are exactly the type of workload worth targeting. Terrance Ferguson hasn’t done much in the bubble, but his minutes have been trending upwards in his last three contests, and he’s coming off his best game in which he totaled 16.5 points. Ferguson could reach value with no CP3 and minutes being limited for others like SGA.
|Justin Holiday (IND)||vs. MIA||$4,600||⭐⭐||MEDIUM|
|Darius Bazley (OKC)||@ LAC||$5,200||⭐⭐⭐||LOW|
Justin Holiday hasn’t lit up the scoreboard in the bubble, but he is coming off his strongest performance (35.7 FanDuel points) and is likely to get extended run today with Victor Oladipo, T.J. Warren and Myles Turner sidelined for the Pacers. Holiday is a perfect option on today’s slate, as his price tag is affordable, and he’s likely secured for a good number of minutes. There aren’t many players who play at a higher level than Darius Bazley — his last four games have resulted in a steady climb of points ranging between 22.8 and 43.5 FanDuel points. In addition to topping 21 real-life points three times in his last four, Bazley has played in 26-plus minutes each game. Bazley possesses tournament-winning upside on this slate.
|Jeff Green (HOU)||vs. PHI||$4,100||⭐⭐⭐||MEDIUM|
Jeff Green is not expected to start for the Houston Rockets today, but he’ll likely receive extended minutes with the game holding no weight. Green has topped 30 minutes in his last two contests and scored over 21 FanDuel points in both. While he hasn’t crushed in the bubble, he’s routinely hovered around value and is a good bet to receive some decent run today. Mike Scott is in a similar position, as the Philadelphia 76ers are banged up and would be wise to rest their key players as much as possible. Scott’s minutes have been trending upwards as he’s topped 21-plus minutes in his last two games, both of which totaled more than 24 FanDuel points.
|Chris Boucher (TOR)||vs. DEN||$5,000||⭐⭐||LOW|
|Goga Bitadze (IND)||vs. MIA||$3,500||⭐⭐⭐||LOW|
Chris Boucher has been lights out in his last two games — he’s totaled 40.8 and 53.2 FanDuel points in those appearances. The Toronto Raptors have no reason to trot out their starters for extended minutes today, which means even more time for Boucher to potentially dominate — buy him. Myles Turner is listed as out for the Pacers today, which means Goga Bitadze is in line for a big workload if he suits up — Bitadze is currently listed as questionable for the contest.
5 Studs Worth Their Salary
- Chris Boucher (TOR) $5,000: Boucher is a lock for 20-plus minutes, and it should come as no surprise if he approaches the 30-minute mark. He’s looked the part of a dominant per-minute producer and carries one of the highest potentials on this slate.
- Darius Bazley (OKC) $5,200: Out of all the players expected to get some decent run, Bazley may actually carry the highest ceiling. He feels like a good bet to see expected run off the bench for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Tyler Herro (MIA) $5,300: The Heat won’t have the majority of their starters, and that slides Herro into the starting lineup. He’ll be afforded every opportunity to collect points at free-will, particularly on the offensive end.
- Jeff Green (HOU) $4,100: The Rockets would be wise to give their starters as much rest as possible, and that would surely lead to more time and opportunities for Green. The affordable veteran could do damage with a fair number of minutes.
- Bol Bol (DEN) $3,500: Bol is a risky proposition with his limited minutes, but the Denver Nuggets would be wise to rest Nikola Jokic as much as possible, particularly with how banged up their roster is. Bol has been one of the more entertaining players in the bubble and possesses the ability to fill up a stat sheet across the board, both offensively and defensively.
5 Notable Players to Fade
- Kawhi Leonard (LAC) $8,700: Kawhi is the king of rest games, and that should absolutely be in effect today — the Clippers have absolutely nothing to play for. His price tag is enticing, but he simply shouldn’t get much run today.
- Nikola Jokic (DEN) $8,300: Like basically everyone on this list, Jokic should have his minutes heavily monitored and limited. They’ve already begun to trend downwards, which is a good sign he’ll receive far less work than usual on today’s slate.
- Joel Embiid (PHI) $8,500: Embiid is listed as questionable for today’s game and has played a total of 18 minutes in his last three contests. Avoid this situation altogether.
- Pascal Siakam (TOR) $7,200: Siakam’s minutes have actually remained relatively steady, especially when compared to other star options league-wide, but the Raptors simply need to scale it back. Out of all the names on this list, Siakam may be the most tempting, though.
- Malcolm Brogdon (IND) $6,600: Brogdon appears to be a go for today’s game but has struggled with little bumps and bruises basically since the bubble started. Not only that, but he’s coming off a game in which he missed, and the Pacers are missing the majority of their starting lineup — don’t expect to see a ton of Brogdon today.
Beyond our daily fantasy basketball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Basketball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy basketball season.