FanDuel DFS NBA Strategy Advice: Monday (8/24)
Today’s main slate includes four games, the first of which tips off at 1:30 p.m. EST with the Milwaukee Bucks and the Orlando Magic. The day will end with the Los Angeles Lakers and Portland Trail Blazers at 9:00 p.m. EST. The first game of the day has the highest implied total at 225.5, with the Bucks leading the way with their 119.50 implied total. Be sure to keep an eye on injury and lineup news.
|Goran Dragic (MIA)||vs. IND||$6,500||⭐⭐⭐||MEDIUM|
Goran Dragic continues to impress in his first series as Miami’s starting point guard. Dragic has topped 20-plus real-life points in the last three games and has two 40-plus point performances over the same stretch. Continue to start Dragic with comfort, especially at his current price tag. Malcolm Brogdon — like Dragic — has performed well in this series, but he really took it to the next level in the last contest, as he scored 64.4 FanDuel points. Brogdon is currently playing a boatload of minutes, as he hasn’t registered fewer than 37 in the last three games.
|Khris Middleton (MIL)||@ ORL||$6,600||⭐⭐||HIGH|
SGA is coming off a monster 54.4-point performance in which he registered 48 minutes of playing time. Since the beginning of the series, SGA’s minutes haven’t dipped below 35. In addition to a hefty workload, SGA has topped 43-plus FanDuel points in his last two contests and is beginning to heat up as a scorer. Khris Middleton has not played well, but he is coming off a decent 35.6-point performance. We all know how talented Middleton is as a player and as a scorer. His reduced price tag factors in a lot of risk. Also, Middleton could be a very nice contrarian option for those with hopes of some positive regression.
|Eric Gordon (HOU)||@ OKC||$5,300||⭐⭐||LOW|
Yes, both of the small forward value options are Houston Rockets. Eric Gordon is a three-point savant who’s played 30-plus minutes in his last three games, topping 28.6-points in each game. Gordon has provided a strong scoring punch for superstar James Harden. The other player — Danuel House — is one of the more consistent and safer options on this slate. House has played in 41 and 38 minutes in the last two games of this series, and he scored 26 and 34.3 FanDuel points in those games, respectively. The number of minutes House plays will continue to keep him at the forefront of value plays, and tonight is no different.
|Gary Clark (ORL)||vs. MIL||$4,400||⭐⭐⭐||MEDIUM|
The Thunder are the second-worst ranked defense on today’s slate (Pacers are last). Part of the reason why there are so many Rockets value plays is because of that, but in addition to a decent matchup, Russell Westbrook’s injury has created a ton of value, minutes, and opportunities for the remaining players on the roster. Jeff Green is a perfect example of that — he’s scored 43.9, 20.4, and 37.2 FanDuel points in three playoff games. The Bucks and the Magic both rank first in pace among all NBA playoff teams — this contest is one that should create value. Clark has put together a few strong performances, topping 19 FanDuel points in each contest and eclipsing 25-plus points twice in the same frame. If Aaron Gordon misses this game, Clark will start and will likely receive a handful of extra minutes of playing time.
|Steven Adams (OKC)||vs. HOU||$5,800||⭐⭐⭐⭐||LOW|
Steven Adams will continue to make this list so long as the Rockets continue to start P.J. Tucker at center. While Adams hasn’t really crushed in this series, he hasn’t really busted, either. His height advantage has led to 11-plus rebounds in each game. Adams is a safe option at the five-spot, though he does also possess a decent ceiling, too. Hassan Whiteside is a risky-but-fun option at the five-spot. His minutes haven’t been through the roof (21-25 minutes), but he’s managed to continue his trend of strong per-minute production.
5 Studs Worth Their Salary
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL) $11,500: Giannis has basically proven to be unstoppable. In three games against the Magic, the former MVP has totaled 59.9, 52.5, and 65.7 FanDuel points. The latter point-total was done in 30 minutes of playing time. Ride the Greek Freak with ease.
- Nikola Vucevic (ORL) $8,200: The Magic have not performed all too well since their first playoff game, in which they shocked the Bucks by stealing the win. Vuce — unlike the remainder of his team — has largely performed tremendously, minus his last game in which he totaled 32 FanDuel points. Expect Vuce to receive a ton of usage on offense throughout the rest of this series.
- Anthony Davis (LAL) $10,900: AD is one of the unstoppable forces that currently resides in the NBA — he’s totaled 52.7-plus points in all three games against the Trail Blazers. Whether his shot drops or not, the big man can make a massive impact on the game (DFS-wise, too) in a variety of ways. His price is sky high, but AD has shown his MVP-level ability in this first-round series.
- Malcolm Brogdon (IND) $7,600: Brogdon is quietly really good. The Pacers are now staring at a potential sweep, as they’re down 3-0 to the Magic and could have their playoff dreams end with a weak performance today. Expect the best out of Brogdon and his teammates.
- Damian Lillard (POR) $9,500: Dame Dolla is one of the riskier options among the stars due to his injured finger, but it didn’t hamper him much in his latest contest — he scored 46.5 FanDuel points and his price has slightly decreased. The Trail Blazers can’t afford to keep dropping games to the Lakers, so expect Dame to bring his A-game.
5 Notable Players to Fade
- Jusuf Nurkic (POR) $7,000: Nurk’s price has taken a nosedive, but with good reason — he hasn’t topped 23 FanDuel points in the last two contests, and he only topped 30-plus once in the first game against the Lakers. His price is beginning to reflect his play, but it still seems best to spend-up elsewhere.
- Bam Adebayo (MIA) $8,000: The Heat are currently up 3-0 and are looking to close out the series by sweeping the Pacers. While Adebayo has performed decently, he’s only reached value once in three games against the Pacers.
- Victor Oladipo (IND) $5,900: Oladipo hasn’t yet looked perfectly comfortable or returned to form since he returned to the court by way of torn ACL. Oladipo has been playing a good number of minutes recently, but he hasn’t contributed a ton across the stat sheet.
- Eric Bledsoe (MIL) $6,400: Bledsoe’s price is relatively high for a player who has topped 30-plus points only once throughout this series, and that performance came on the back of three steals. Expect some regression in his point-totals today.
- Aaron Gordon (ORL) $6,600: Gordon hasn’t played in the playoffs thus far, and he should be avoided today regardless of his status. Ideally, the Magic would continue to allow him to rest and heal, but that remains to be seen.
Beyond our daily fantasy basketball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Basketball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy basketball season.