DraftKings DFS MLB Strategy Advice: Sunday (9/6)
This week has been absolutely nuts with doubleheaders every day and we have yet another full slate here. The good news is that most teams starts in this three-hour window, with DraftKings offering up a nine-game slate at 1ET. We love that amount of games for DFS and we have some brilliant pitchers to pick between. With that in mind, let’s get into it!
If you have any comments or questions, reach me on Twitter @Bartilottajoel
|Shane Bieber (CLE)||vs. MIL||$11,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Tyler Glasnow (MIA)||@MIA||$8,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Rich Hill (MIN)||vs. DET||$7,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
- Bieber has been the best pitcher in baseball, pitching to a 1.20 ERA and 0.82 WHIP. He’s also struck out a league-best 82 batters and should roll right through a 27th-ranked Brewers lineup.
- Glasnow has at least 34 DK points in back-to-back starts and should be able to take care of a 25th-ranked Marlins defense.
- Hill is super risky but playing a 24th-ranked Tigers defense makes him a nice value at $7K. This is a guy who still owns a 2.95 ERA and 1.07 WHIP since 2015.
|Jose Abreu (CWS)||@KC||$5,200||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Eric Thames (WSH)||@ATL||$3,400||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Gary Sanchez (NYY)||@BAL||$4,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- Abreu is in the midst of an 18-game hitting streak and we’ll discuss his ridiculous exploits more later.
- Thames always crushes right-handed pitching and remains one of the best values at first base.
- In terms of catchers, Sanchez has the best power potential and has a quality matchup against Asher Wojciechowski.
|Mike Moustakas (CIN)||@PIT||$4,900||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Mike Brosseau (TB)||vs. MIA||$4,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Jonathan Villar (TOR)||@BOS||$4,100||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- Moustakas is traditionally much better against righties and that’s good news against an arm like Chad Kuhl.
- Brosseau typically finds himself in the heart of the Rays order against a lefty and that’ll surely be the case here.
- Villar will bat first or third for the Blue Jays and that’s big news against the lowest-priced pitcher on the slate.
|Yoan Moncada (CWS)||@KC||$5,100||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Josh Donaldson (MIN)||vs. DET||$3,900||⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Maikel Franco (KC)||vs. CWS||$3,600||⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
- Matt Harvey is one of the worst pitchers in baseball right now and he should allow Moncada to succeed from his more favorable left side.
- Donaldson just returned from injury and is way too cheap below $4K with an OPB flirting with .400.
- Franco has quietly had a nice year for the Royals and gets the platoon advantage against Dallas Keuchel, who has one of the lowest K rates in the league.
|Trea Turner (WSH)||@ATL||$5,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Gleyber Torres (NYY)||@BAL||$4,500||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Adelberto Mondesi (KC)||vs. CWS||$3,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
- Turner is scorching right now and we’ll discuss just how hot he is later.
- Torres just came off the IL and has a career OPS approaching 1.500 against this bad Orioles pitching staff.
- Mondesi has been playing better the last week or so and gets the platoon advantage against Keuchel here.
|Eloy Jimenez (CWS)||@KC||$4,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Jesse Winker (CIN)||@PIT||$4,200||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Franmil Reyes (CLE)||vs. MIL||$4,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Clint Frazier (NYY)||@BAL||$3,900||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Hunter Renfroe (TB)||vs. MIA||$3,200||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
- Jimenez is yet another White Sox piece that we love and he too is one of the hottest hitters in the league.
- Winker has an OPS north of 1.000 against right-handers this year and that’s bad news for an already bad Chad Kuhl.
- Reyes has been crushing it for a month now and it’s hard to understand why he’s at $4,000 against a lefty.
- Frazier has been one of the Yankees best hitters this season and it makes it hard to understand why he’s below $4K in a great matchup.
- Renfroe has killed southpaws throughout his career and that makes him one of the best values of the day at $3,200 with his dinger potential.
5 Studs Worth Their Salary
- Shane Bieber (CLE) $11,000: Bieber is the highest-priced pitcher in fantasy baseball and it’s no surprise when you see his numbers. So far this season, Biebs owns a 1.20 ERA, 0.82 WHIP and 14.4 K.9 rate. That’s led to him scoring at least 29 DK points in all but one start and we’re certainly not worried about a dismantled Brewers lineup who ranks near the bottom in nearly every offensive statistic.
- Trea Turner (WSH) $5,700: Over his last 25 games played, Turner is hitting .438 while providing a 1.238 OPS. That’s bad news for an average arm like Josh Tomlin, particularly with his ability to steal bases as well.
- Jose Abreu (CWS) $5,200: If you think Turner is hot, wait for this. Not only does Abreu have a hit in 18 straight, he’s also providing a 1.298 OPS in that ridiculous stretch.
- Eloy Jimenez (CWS) $4,700: Jimenez is yet another Chicago bat who’s on fire. In fact, he’s got a .659 SLG and 1.025 OPS over his last 25 games played. All of these Chicago bats look even better when you consider that Matt Harvey has a 14.09 ERA and 3.00 WHIP.
- Franmil Reyes (CLE) $4,000: This price is truly insulting. Not only does Reyes get the platoon advantage against a low-K lefty, he’s also got a .452 OBP and 1.145 OPS over his last 27 games played.
5 Notable Players to Fade
- Patrick Corbin (WSH) $9,600: With Ronald Acuna and Marcell Ozuna starting to get hot from the right side, this matchup worries me. It’s not like Corbin’s been great recently either, posting a 4.84 ERA and 1.61 WHIP over his last four fixtures.
- Trevor Rogers (MIA) $8,000: This price makes no sense. The youngster has done nothing to earn it with his 1.44 WHIP and it’s scary to think that he has to face a dangerous Rays lineup.
- Bryce Harper (PHI) $6,000: Harper is the highest-priced hitter out there. He’s almost always a good play but you simply can’t use a $6K player against an elite pitcher like Jacob deGrom.
- Keston Hiura (MIL) $5,400: Hiura has one of the worst K rates in baseball and that’s really bad news against an ace like Bieber.
- J.T. Realmuto (PHI) $5,200: Realmuto has been awesome but we can’t use him at catcher who’s $5,200 against a guy like deGrom.
Beyond our daily fantasy baseball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Baseball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy baseball season.