Week 4 Bold Predictions (2020 Fantasy Football)
Week 4 officially marks the first quarter of the 2020 NFL season. A year of unprecedented uncertainty and a higher frequency of injuries, predicting a successful fantasy lineup is as challenging as ever. As always, researching key matchups and potential breakout performances can be the difference between a crucial victory or a difficult defeat.
Fantasy managers want to win at all costs, so understanding which player has a chance to boom while others are more likely to bust will give you the competitive advantage needed to secure the win. As I have done the previous three weeks, and what I will continue to do all season, is provide a variety of players primed for big performances during the current week.
So here we go again, traversing the rigorous terrains of the NFL season, in pursuit of the ultimate fantasy football dream of winning your league.
Week 4 Bold Predictions
- After a rocky performance in Week 3, Carolina Panthers wide receiver D.J. Moore puts up WR1 numbers this week with eight+ receptions, exceeding 100 receiving yards, and scoring his first touchdown of the season.
- Continuing off his momentum from Weeks 2 and 3, Los Angeles Rams RB Darrell Henderson rushes over 22 times for 120 yards and a rushing TD, finishing the week as a top-seven RB.
- Detroit Lions and future Hall of Fame running back Adrian Peterson tops the century mark and scores a TD against his former (but short-lived) team the New Orleans Saints.
- Facing a banged-up Seattle defense, Miami Dolphins WR DeVante Parker finishes as a WR1, hauling in five+ receptions for 115+ yards and two touchdowns.
- Battling a susceptible Minnesota defense, Houston Texans tight end Jordan Akins brings in six catches for 60 yards and a TD, ending the week as a TE1.
- Cleveland Browns WR Jarvis Landry hauls in seven+ receptions for 80+ yards, topping 15+ fantasy points for the first time this season.
- With an assumed increase in touches due to Tarik Cohen‘s season-ending injury, Chicago Bears running back David Montgomery posts 20+ touches for 100+ scrimmage yards and a score, putting up 20+ fantasy points this week.
- 2020 number one overall pick, Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow continues his impressive rookie campaign, throwing for 300+ yards for the third consecutive game, finishing Week 4 as a top-five QB.
- New York Giants tight end Evan Engram has his breakout performance of the 2020 season, hauling in eight+ receptions for 75+ yards and scoring his first TD of the season, finishing as a top-five TE.
It’s easy to think a player you drafted with high hopes is underperforming after three weeks in which they failed to live up to expectations. Oftentimes, patience wins out in these situations by allowing a stud player to get back into the rhythm of the game and produce at the level they are accustomed to playing at.
Giving up on players too early can be detrimental to the long-term success of your team, so if a player you believed in during the offseason is not producing in the manner how you envisioned it, continue to trust your process and adjust when necessary.
If you want to dive deeper into fantasy football, be sure to check out our award-winning slate of Fantasy Football Tools as you navigate your season. From our Start/Sit Assistant – which provides your optimal lineup, based on accurate consensus projections – to our Waiver Wire Assistant – that allows you to quickly see which available players will improve your team, and by how much – we’ve got you covered this fantasy football season.