NFL Preseason Week 2 Schedule & Players to Watch (2021 Fantasy Football)
The second week of preseason football is here, and that means plenty of notable players will take the field. As a responsible fantasy manager, who should you be keeping an eye on? No problem! I’ve got you covered with a complete schedule breakdown and players to watch from each contest.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 19TH
Patriots (1-0) @ Eagles (0-1)
- Can Jones do enough in preseason to overtake Cam Newton?
- How will Stevenson follow up his 10/127/2 line from Week 1?
- Are Jalen Reagor and Quez Watkins ready to step up in Year 2?
FRIDAY, AUGUST 20TH
Bengals (1-0) @ Washington (0-1)
- Joe Burrow reportedly won’t play in this one, but rookie wideout Ja’Marr Chase should
- Washington’s rookie wideout is someone to keep an eye on as a player who could make an impact right away
Chiefs (1-0) @ Cardinals (1-0)
- After a disappointing stint in San Fran highlighted by injuries, can McKinnon work his way back to become Clyde Edwards-Helaire‘s primary backup?
- We’ve seen plenty from Arizona’s talented receiving corps over the years, except for Moore
SATURDAY, AUGUST 21ST
Bills (1-0) @ Bears (1-0)
- The matchup of quarterbackss will be thrilling in this one with promising rookie Fields leading the charge for Chicago, and Trubisky facing the team that let him go
- Buffalo’s group of running backs will be vying for touches this season, but who will emerge on top?
Jets (1-0) @ Packers (0-1)
- Will Jordan Love be available while dealing with a shoulder injury?
- Can Amari Rodgers and Devin Funchess emerge as viable options behind Davante Adams?
- With Elijah Moore likely out, can Denzel Mims establish a rapport with rookie Zach Wilson?
Ravens (1-0) @ Panthers (0-1)
- Can Hubbard, Christian McCaffrey‘s primary backup, continue his strong play?
- Marshall impressed with 88 yards in Week 1 – can he make an impact as a rookie?
- Wallace may have increased opportunities to start the year thanks to mounting injuries at WR
Falcons (0-1) @ Dolphins (0-1)
- Pitts didn’t appear in the Falcons’ Week 1 game, but will the promising rookie make his NFL debut in this game?
- Can Tua silence the critics and prove that he’s a franchise quarterback?
- Who will emerge as the Dolphins’ lead back?
Titans (1-0) @ Buccaneers (0-1)
- Can either Vaughn or Bernard separate themselves as Tampa Bay’s receiving back?
Lions (0-1) @ Steelers (2-0)
- Can St. Brown lead Detroit in receiving as a rookie?
- What kind of impact can Williams have as De’Andre Swift’s primary backup?
- Dwayne Haskins was a bust in Washington, but can he earn a backup job in Pittsburgh with a strong preseason?
Colts (1-0) @ Vikings (0-1)
- With Carson Wentz still on the mend, who will win the primary backup job in Indy?
Texans (1-0) @ Cowboys (0-2)
- Is Lindsay the back to roster in Houston?
- With such a thin receiving corps around him, can Collins breakout as a rookie?
Raiders (1-0) @ Rams (0-1)
- Can Harris do enough to earn meaningful snaps this season?
- Will Jones separate himself as Darrell Henderson‘s primary backup?
Broncos (1-0) @ Seahawks (0-1)
- Can either of Bridgewater or Lock show enough to win the starting quarterback job?
- What will we see from Denver’s talented group of skill-position players?
- With D’Wayne Eskridge likely out, what can Freddie Swain show as the Seahawks’ potential WR3?
SUNDAY, AUGUST 22ND
Giants (0-1) @ Browns (1-0)
- Who will establish himself as the Giants’ top backup in what could be a meaningful role this season?
49ers (0-1) @ Chargers (1-0)
- Will Trey Lance open the season as the 49ers’ starting quarterback?
- Who will emerge as Austin Ekeler‘s primary backup at running back?
MONDAY, AUGUST 23RD
Jaguars (0-1) @ Saints (0-1)
- Lawrence’s preseason debut wasn’t spectacular, but how will he follow it up?
- Which quarterback will earn the starting job for New Orleans, and who will be the team’s top wideout?
If you want to dive deeper into fantasy football, be sure to check out our award-winning slate of Fantasy Football Tools as you navigate your season. From our Start/Sit Assistant – which provides your optimal lineup, based on accurate consensus projections – to our Waiver Wire Assistant – which allows you to quickly see which available players will improve your team, and by how much – we’ve got you covered this fantasy football season.