Fantasy Over/Under Challenge Official Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or to win. A purchase will not impact your opportunity to win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All disputes will be resolved solely by binding arbitration and participants waive the ability to bring claims in a class action format. These rules govern all aspects of participation and prize awards.
Effective Date: These Official Rules are effective as of August 20, 2023.
- Promotion Structure: The Fantasy Over/Under Challenge (the “Promotion”) is devised as a non-gambling promotion and is intended solely for entertainment purposes. The Promotion consists of 18 weekly NFL contests (each, a “Contest”), each as further described in detail below. If eligible for Contest prizing as described in Section 4 below, participants will compete for the opportunity to win the prizes designated for the applicable Contest (each such prize, a “Prize”). The Promotion will begin during week 1 of the NFL season (September 10th, 2023) and end on January 7th, 2024 at the conclusion of NFL week 18 (the “Promotion Period”). By registering for the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
- Promotion Registration: To participate in the Promotion, you must be a registered user of FantasyPros.com. Click on the Promotion banners, buttons, and/or links to complete and submit the Promotion registration form. By fully completing and submitting all information required for Promotion registration and confirming your agreement to these Official Rules, you will be registered as a Promotion participant. FantasyPros.com account registration is free. Incomplete registrations are void. Participants are responsible for ensuring all their contact information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Eligibility and Limits: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States, including its commonwealths, territories, and possessions, who are, as of the date of Promotion registration, registered users of FantasyPros.com and not otherwise ineligible per the terms of Section 3 below. To register for the Promotion or enter any Contest via the FantasyPros.com website, you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. To register for the Promotion or enter, for entertainment purposes (not for Prize competition purposes), any Contest via the website, you must be thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are under eighteen (18) years old, you may participate in the Contests for entertainment purposes, but you are not eligible to compete for or receive any Prize. Employees, officers, and directors and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household (whether or not related) of FantasyPros (“Sponsor”), its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, licensees, sponsors, and advertising/promotion agencies, any other entity associated with the Promotion, and all of its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Promotion Parties Parties”) are not eligible to participate or win. Limit one (1) Promotion registration and one (1) entry for each Contest per person/email address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional Promotion registrations and Contest entries received from any person/email address will be void. The use of a script, macro, or any other device to automate or subvert the Promotion registration or Contest entry process is prohibited and all such registrations and entries will be void. FantasyPros reserves the right to permanently disqualify any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules.
- Fantasy Over/Under Challenge Descriptions and Entry
Description and Entry Period: At the start of the Promotion Period, the Promotion’s weekly contest invites participants to compete by submitting 10 predictions regarding whether NFL players will score fantasy points that are higher or lower than a predetermined fantasy point total for each player. FantasyPros will set the fantasy point totals based off of their consensus projections for each player as of the time the contest begins each Wednesday during weeks 1 to 18 of the NFL season. The fantasy point totals will be based off of Yahoo! Sports’ default fantasy scoring (i.e. Half PPR). All predictions will be solicited prior to the official start of each player’s Game (“Pre-Game Predictions”). More specifically, each weekly contest will lock the predictions at 1pm ET on Sunday from weeks 1 to 18 of the NFL season. Each contest will conclude at the end of the Sunday Night Football game for the applicable week. There will be 18 such contests throughout the NFL season corresponding with the NFL regular season. Fantasy Over/Under Challenge contestants will accrue points for correctly predicting whether each player’s fantasy point total is higher or lower than the predetermined amounts. Predictions will be submitted and recorded in accordance with these Official Rules, including the Deadline. Registered Promotion participants must submit ten (10) predictions prior to the 1pm ET Sunday Deadline to receive an entry into the weekly contest. Limit one (1) entry per person/per week. FantasyPros will generate 18 weekly leaderboards corresponding to each week’s contest and a season-to-date leaderboard that combines scores across the various weeks, as described in Section 4 (Scoring) below.
Entrants may change their Fantasy Over/Under Challenge predictions up until 1pm ET each Sunday from weeks 1 to 18 of the NFL season, at which point the submitted predictions will be “locked” for scoring purposes (collectively, the “Deadline”). To be scored for Fantasy Over/Under Challenge purposes, predictions must be submitted and recorded by FantasyPros prior to the applicable Deadline. No points will be awarded for Predictions submitted or recorded after the applicable
FantasyPros will score Fantasy Over/Under Challenge predictions and assign points known as “Wins” and “Losses” in accordance with the rules below. The decisions of FantasyPros are final and binding with respect to the Fantasy Over/Under Challenge scoring and in all other Fantasy Over/Under Challenge matters.
- Predictions concerning a player’s fantasy point total will be scored upon the conclusion of their Game and be available for participants to view no later than each Tuesday of the following week. FantasyPros will use Yahoo! Sports’ default fantasy scoring (i.e. Half PPR) when calculating the fantasy point totals for each player
- Participants will earn a “Win” for each prediction where they correctly identified that a player would score Over or Under a preset fantasy point total. Conversely, participants will receive a “Loss” for each prediction where they incorrectly identified that a player would score Over or Under a pre-set fantasy point total. If a player’s fantasy point total lands exactly on the Over/Under amount, the user’s prediction will be recorded as neither a Win nor Loss. The Wins and Losses across the 10 predictions will be tallied each week to create a Win/Loss record for each participant.
- In the event that a player is declared inactive prior to the start of a game, all predictions for that player will be zeroed out and will not be included for scoring purposes for that week. If the player is active but does not play or he is active but gets injured during the game, the predictions for the player will be scored.
- If a game is forfeited by either team for a given week, all predictions for the players will be zeroed out and will not be including in that week’s scoring.
- In the event that, for any reason, a Game is suspended for the applicable week (e.g., for severe weather), FantasyPros will score the Predictions submitted and recorded up until the time of suspension. For any Game which is suspended and resumes play on a subsequent date, the resumed portion of the Game and any associated Predictions will be void and will not be scored for purposes of the Fantasy Over/Under Challenge.
- In the event that, after FantasyPros has scored and issued points for any Prediction and the applicable Game or event outcome is changed, corrected, or otherwise adjusted by the National Football League (e.g., following an instant replay review or following review initiated by a Team), points awarded within Fantasy Over/Under Challenge for the applicable Prediction will not be changed, corrected, or otherwise adjusted, even if such change, correction, or adjustment is anticipated by a Fantasy Over/Under Challenge participant.
- FantasyPros reserves the right, but assumes no obligation, to correct and update Fantasy Over/Under Challenge scores based on errors or irregularities in the tabulation, transmission, or publication of Game outcomes or Prediction scores.
Weekly Prizes: The top scorer each week will win a free 1-year upgrade to FantasyPros and BettingPros Premium. Additionally, FantasyPros will be offering $20 gift cards to the top 10 participants each week. These gift cards can be redeemed at the FantasyPros Shop for apparel such as FantasyPros t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, and more. Legal residents from the United States are eligible to win the gift cards.
Season-to-Date Grand Prize: The top finisher on the season long leaderboard will receive a 10-year subscription to FantasyPros and BettingPros Premium.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the entrants who earn the highest scores (i.e. Most Wins) will win the Prize(s) for the applicable weekly contest and the season-to-date contest. In the event of a tie for any Fantasy Over/Under Challenge prize, the prize will be subject to a Tie-Breaker rule (as defined below).
Weekly Contest Leaderboard
During weeks 1 to 18 of the NFL season, there will be 10 Over or Under fantasy point questions posed. Each weekly leaderboard will be based on who answered the most questions correctly, with 10 “Wins” representing a high score. Each entrant will also be prompted to answer a tie-breaker question by submitting a prediction related to total fantasy points for the week. Any ties in the leaderboard will be broken based on the prediction to the tie-breaker question that is closest to the actual fantasy points value for the players in question. In other words, for any ties, the entrant that is closest to the actual outcome of the tiebreaker question will appear the highest in the standings.
The Prize Winners for each weekly Fantasy Over/Under Challenge will be announced no later than every Tuesday during the NFL season. Entrants will be contacted via email when accuracy results are ready to be viewed. Information on whether a prize(s) has been won and how to receive the prize(s) will be provided in the email.
As described in the Prizes section above FantasyPros will offer $20 gift cards to the top 10 participants based on high scores each week. Furthermore, the top scorer each week will win a free 1-year upgrade to FantasyPros and BettingPros Premium.
Season-to-Date Contest Leaderboard
FantasyPros will tally each entrant’s weekly Win/Loss scores across all 18 weekly contests to determine a Season-to-Date Leaderboard. The 2 lowest weekly scores for each entrant will be dropped as part of the calculation. If an entrant missed 2 weeks, for example, these would count as the 2 lowest scores that are dropped. The order of standings will be determined by the entrants that have accrued the most wins throughout the NFL season. If there is a tie atop the leaderboard, FantasyPros will break the tie in the following manner:
- A) For the weeks that contributed to a participant’s score, FantasyPros will sum up the absolute value of how far away their predictions were from the actual outcomes across the tiebreaker questions. Whoever has a smaller sum of errors will appear higher in the leaderboard.
- B) If the above doesn’t break the tie, FantasyPros will use the tiebreaker question from week 18 (or the most recent tie-breaker the user answered) to determine the order of standings.
- C) If there is still a tie after #1 and #2, FantasyPros will use the tiebreaker question from week 17 (or the most recent tie-breaker the user answered) to determine the order of standings. FantasyPros will continue going down the weeks (e.g. week 16, week 15, etc) until the tie is broken.
If the NFL fails to complete a full season, the winner of the Season-to-Date competition will be the entrant that is in first place at the time the season ends (regardless of how many weeks are completed). Any tie atop the leaderboard will be broken as listed above.
The Winner for the season-to-date Fantasy Over/Under Challenge will be announced no later than Tuesday, January 9th 2024 at the conclusion of week 18’s contest. Entrants will be contacted via email when accuracy results are ready to be viewed. Information on whether a prize has been won and how to receive the prize will be provided in the email.
- Prize Terms: The Prize(s) for each weekly contest will be announced by FantasyPros no later than the Tuesday prior to the next applicable Contest entry period. For each Contest, the winner(s) will be determined as described in the Winners section above. All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any Prizes which are not specifically described in the applicable Prize description as being provided by FantasyPros, including but not limited to federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), are the sole responsibility of the winner. All Prize details are at FantasyPros’ sole discretion. Terms and conditions may apply to non-cash components of a Prize, as determined by the Prize supplier.
- Winner Notification: Each potential winner will be notified by email approximately two (2) business days following the conclusion of the applicable Contest. Participants are solely responsible for monitoring their email for Promotion-related notifications. In order to receive a Prize, potential winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release, and any other documents required by FantasyPros, within five (5) business days of date of issuance. The potential winner may also be required to submit his/her valid social security number and/or other identification to FantasyPros and may receive an IRS Form 1099 for any prizes valued at $600 or greater. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable or is declined, if FantasyPros is unable to contact a potential winner, if the potential winner does not timely respond to Prize notification or document requirements, or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and the Prize in question will go unawarded, provided however in the event of tie, the Prize may be awarded to the remaining, non-disqualified potential winner(s). Prizes will be awarded only to the person named within the Promotion registration, regardless of whether that person is the authorized account holder of the email address specified within the Promotion registration (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules).
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by registering for the Promotion, each participant grants permission to the Promotion Parties for the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, address (city and state), and Prize information (if any) worldwide and in all forms of media worldwide, in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, for any and all purposes, including promotional and advertising purposes and for inclusion on a Promotion winners list.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APP ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION IN ANY WAY, OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FANTASYPROS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
FantasyPros reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes and to add additional Contest formats, without materially affecting the Official Rules of the Promotion.
In the event that the Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, FantasyPros reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such an event, FantasyPros shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such action.
- Waiver/Release, Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties: By registering for the Promotion, each participant agrees (a) to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, the Promo Website, or the App and (b) to indemnify, hold harmless, and fully release the Released Parties from any claim, action, demand, liability, loss, injury, or damage caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by participation in the Promotion, any Promotion-related activity, and the acceptance, possession, quality, use, or misuse of any Prize, including any travel or activity related thereto and any and all taxes and other fees applicable thereto. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $100. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, each Promotion participant agrees that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of JAMS and held in Nevada; (b) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. For New Jersey residents, the limitations set forth above are inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and FantasyPros in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Nevada, USA.
- Winner Information: For the name(s) of the winner(s) (available on a rolling basis throughout the Promotion Period and for 90 days thereafter), visit https://www.fantasypros.com/over-under-challenge/winners.
- Sponsor: Marzen Media LLC (d/b/a FantasyPros) P.O. Box 370092 Las Vegas, NV 89137
This Promotion is a contest designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in FantasyPros. All rights reserved.