While it’s always important to identify the next big sleeper and breakout candidates, it’s equally important to avoid those fantasy football draft-day landmines. You know what I’m talking about. Those picks that torpedo your draft and have you behind the eight ball before the season begins. Don’t worry, we have you covered. Andrew Erickson and Derek Brown have shared their early players to avoid based on their average draft position (ADP).
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Dawson Knox
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Patrick Mahomes
- Players to Avoid at ADP: D.K. Metcalf
- Players to Avoid at ADP: T.J. Hockenson
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Chris Godwin
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Elijah Mitchell
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Mark Andrews
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Ezekiel Elliott
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Allen Robinson
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Javonte Williams
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Antonio Gibson
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Tyreek Hill
- Players to Avoid at ADP: Diontae Johnson
Why Kyler Murray is a player to avoid at their current average draft position (ADP)
Kyler Murray 2022 Fantasy Football Outlook
Last season was another tale of two halves for Kyler Murray. In Weeks 1-8, with DeAndre Hopkins healthy, he was on fire as the QB6 completing 72.6% of his passes with 8.8 yards per attempt while averaging 284.5 passing yards per game. After Week 9, with Hopkins banged up and in and out of the lineup, Murray was the QB16 with a 65.3% completion rate, 6.7 yards per attempt, and 251.8 passing yards per game. Fast forward to this season, and Hopkins is now slated to miss the first six games of the season. The trade to acquire Marquise Brown’s services and drafting Trey McBride will help, but it’s understandable to tread carefully with Kyler Murray exposure this season.
– Derek Brown
FantasyPros Staff Consensus 2022 Redraft Fantasy Football Rankings
If you want to dive deeper into fantasy football, be sure to check out our award-winning slate of Fantasy Football Tools as you navigate your season. From our Start/Sit Assistant – which provides your optimal lineup, based on accurate consensus projections – to our Waiver Wire Assistant – that allows you to quickly see which available players will improve your team and by how much – we’ve got you covered this fantasy football season.