You’ve surely heard the news by now. The Colts and Browns pulled off a monster trade in which Trent Richardson is headed to Indy for a 2014 first round pick. It’s safe to say NO ONE saw this coming. It’s also expected that Willis McGahee will be signed shortly as a free agent by the Browns to help fill the void of Richardson’s departure.
Since the fantasy ramifications are significant here, we thought it would be helpful to get a snapshot of what writers across the fantasy industry have to say about the move. Keep in mind you can also track breaking news (including tweets & articles) via our player pages: Trent Richardson | Willis McGahee | Bobby Rainey | Chris Ogbonnaya
Rapid React Articles
- Scott Pianowski (Yahoo! Sports) gives us the fantasy spin for both the Colts and Browns. Pianowski has the Browns’ RB pecking order at 1) Willis McGahee and 2) Chris Ogbonnaya.
- A stunned Matthew Berry says the move is good for Richardson’s long term value. However, you should NOT be playing him this weekend (at SF). Berry also pegs Willis McGahee as the Cleveland RB you want, noting that he will only be a low-end RB2 or Flex.
- What’s the trade verdict according to Chet Gresham? Richardson (huge boost), Colts’ skill guys (boost), Brandon Weeden (trade loser) and Browns RB situation (dire).
- Your Browns RB waiver wire priority, according to Mike Gallagher of SB Nation: 1) Willis McGahee 2) Bobby Rainey and 3) Chris Ogbonnaya
- Michael Beller tells us why Trent Richardson & Andrew Luck are the fantasy winners of the trade.
- Trent Richardson gets a slight boost in 2013, according to Fox Sports’ Ryan Fowler. As for the Browns’ RB void, Willis McGahee is now a must-add in all formats. Just don’t expect much (if anything) from him in week 3.
- Adam Pfeifer of Rant Sports doesn’t see the upside in Chris Ogbonnoya or Bobby Rainey for the Browns. If you need RB depth, McGahee is the recommended pickup.
- Scott Engel explains how the trade does nothing but BOOST the fantasy appeal of Trent Richardson. Engel also breaks down how the news impacts Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Ogbonnoya and Bobby Rainey.
- Looking for the dynasty spin on the trade? The crew at Dynasty League Football breaks down the move for all players involved. The analysis includes the impact on related players like Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron.
Now it’s your turn: What’s your take on the trade? Are you rushing to take a flier on Willis McGahee or are you leery of a 30+ year old RB that’s playing for a shaky team with limited QB play?