Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Fantasy Baseball Preview
Beyond our fantasy baseball content, be sure to check out our award-winning slate of Fantasy Baseball Tools as you prepare for your draft this season. From our free mock Draft Simulator – which allows you to mock draft against realistic opponents – to our Draft Assistant – which optimizes your picks with expert advice – we’ve got you covered this fantasy baseball draft season.
Welcome back to our MLB 2020 team previews! This post is centered around the Milwaukee Brewers, a team that looks a lot different in 2020 than in 2019. Here’s what you need to know.
You can find all of our 2020 fantasy baseball MLB team previews here.
- Better in OBP formats: Justin Smoak, Omar Narvaez
- Worse in OBP formats: Keston Hiura, Lorenzo Cain
- Better than his ADP: Cain (182), Garcia (228), Smoah (389)
- Worse than his ADP: Hiura (50) – uncertainty
- Bench bat(s) worth rostering: Ryan Braun, Luis Urias
- Player(s) most likely to lose a starting spot: Sogard
Quick notes: Luis Urias has a good chance to enter the starting lineup every day if he proves healthy for the beginning of the season.
- Better than his ADP: Houser (261)
- Worse than his ADP: Woodruff (88)
- Starter least likely to stick in the rotation: Lauer
- Non-starter most likely to enter the rotation: Corbin Burnes
Quick notes: This is an ugly pitching rotation after Woodruff, we could see a lot of changes as the season progresses.
- Projected closer: Josh Hader (Job Security: HIGH)
- Top backup: Freddy Peralta
- Premier holds option: Peralta
- Sneaky holds option: Corey Knebel
Quick notes: There will be more guys than Hader getting saves, as the Brewers have been pretty progressive with their usage of him, but I don’t see anybody else worth rostering at this point.
- Relevant in 2020: Urias, Burnes (both should be on the Major League roster on Opening Day)
- Worth a look for 2021 and beyond: Brice Turang
Other Helpful Fantasy Info
- Park Factor: 101.6 for runs, 106.4 for homers, 93.2 for singles, 98.8 for doubles, 82.9 for triples (league average = 100)
- Green Light Rating: Medium
- Likeliest 2020 roster moves: Changes to the rotation, possibly trading some assets away at the deadline.
- Bold Fantasy Prediction: Corbin Burnes turns into a very useful fantasy starting pitchers.
- Bland Fantasy Prediction: Christian Yelich steals less than 10 bases.