Kansas City Royals 2020 Fantasy Baseball Preview
Beyond our fantasy baseball content, be sure to check out our award-winning slate of Fantasy Baseball Tools as you prepare for your draft this season. From our free mock Draft Simulator – which allows you to mock draft against realistic opponents – to our Cheat Sheet Creator – which allows you to combine rankings from 100+ experts into one cheat sheet – we’ve got you covered this fantasy baseball draft season.
Welcome back to our MLB 2020 team previews, Kansas City Royals edition! While the Royals don’t have any standout fantasy studs, there are a handful of players worth considering. Let’s talk about it.
You can find all of our 2020 fantasy baseball MLB team previews here.
- Better in OBP formats: Jorge Soler
- Worse in OBP formats: Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Nicky Lopez
- Better than his ADP: Soler (85), Dozier (171)
- Worse than his ADP: Merrifield (48)
- Bench bat(s) worth rostering: None
- Player(s) most likely to lose a starting spot: Franco
- Better than his ADP: Brad Keller (435)
- Worse than his ADP: None
- Starter least likely to stick in the rotation: Lopez
- Non-starter most likely to enter the rotation: Glenn Sparkman
Quick notes: This is likely the worst rotation in baseball and none of these guys should be rostered in a standard league.
- Projected closer: Ian Kennedy (Job Security: MEDIUM)
- Top backup: Scott Barlow
- Premier holds option: None
- Sneaky holds option: None
Quick notes: This is a bad team without any relievers that profile for good enough ratios to matter.
Other Helpful Fantasy Info
- Park Factor: 101.8 for runs, 81.3 for homers, 103.9 for singles, 113.5 for doubles, 128.4 for triples (league average = 100)
- Green Light Rating: High
- Likeliest 2020 roster moves: Rotation shuffling
- Bold Fantasy Prediction: Adalberto Mondesi hits 30 homers and steals 60 bases.
- Bland Fantasy Prediction: Whit Merrifield steals less than 10 bases.