DraftKings DFS NBA Strategy Advice: Wednesday (8/12)
This week we have only four games on Wednesday’s slate. Today’s games begin at 4:00 PM EST and run until 9:00 PM EST, so be aware of start times as you set your lineups and as always try to diversify your lineups. The strategy for today’s slate is to focus on critical matchups and be aware of which teams will be sitting their stars.
|Austin Rivers (HOU)||@ IND||$4,800||⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Aaron Holiday (IND)||vs. HOU||$4,600||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
Rivers should draw the start with Russell Westbrook out of the lineup. Last time Rivers played with no Westbrook he scored 60 fantasy points. Rivers should easily get you close to 35 fantasy points against the Pacers.
Holiday should draw that start with Malcolm Brogdon, most likely sitting out against the Rockets Holiday over his last six games has averaged 25.7 fantasy points. With ample minutes against a defensively atrocious Rockets team, he should be good for close to 35 fantasy points.
|Josh Richardson (PHI)||vs. TOR||$5,700||⭐⭐||Medium|
|Norman Powell (TOR)||@ PHI||$5,300||⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
Richardson should be the 76ers go-to scorer with Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons both out. In his last game, he put up 50.6 fantasy points, and over his last six games is averaging 23.6 fantasy points. Richardson should be good for close to 30 fantasy points.
Powell is a bit of hit or miss but should be a hit against an injured 76ers team. In his last game, he put up 40 fantasy points. Over his last six games, he’s averaged 21.9 fantasy points. Look for Powell to give you 28 fantasy points.
|Marcus Morris Sr. (LAC)||@ DEN||$5,200||⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|OG Anunoby (TOR)||@ PHI||$5,000||⭐⭐⭐||High|
Anunoby has been a bit inconsistent and could give you just a standard output. Over his last six games, he has averaged 20.6 fantasy points. The 76ers have a lot of injuries, and Anunoby should get the chance to give you close to 25 fantasy points.
Morris should get decent playing time, especially with the Clippers possibly resting Kawhi Leonard. Over his last four games, he has averaged 27.4 fantasy points. Morris should be able to get you close to 35 fantasy points.
|Jae Crowder (MIA)||@ OKC||$5,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Darius Bazley (OKC)||vs. MIA||$4,800||⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
Crowder over his last five games has averaged 26.7 fantasy points. He should get plenty of minutes against the Thunder and could easily give you close to 32 fantasy points.
Bazley is a bit of a risk if the Thunder gets their full slate of starters, but if he draws the start, he is a must-play. Over his last two games, he has averaged 41.25 fantasy points. Miami isn’t the best defensive team, and Bazley should shine if he gets the minutes with another 40 point fantasy game.
|Ivica Zubac (LAC)||@ DEN||$5,800||⭐⭐||Medium|
|Chris Boucher (TOR)||vs. DEN||$5,000||⭐⭐⭐||High|
Zubac should play plenty of minutes for the Clippers against the Nuggets. The matchup isn’t the best, but Zubac will have the opportunity to make an impact. Over his last four games, he has averaged 35.3 fantasy points. Zubac should give you close to 38 fantasy points in this game.
Boucher should draw the start if Serge Ibaka does not play and should face off against an injured 76ers team. In his last game, Boucher dropped 52.8 fantasy points and should be able to give you close to 35 fantasy points if Ibaka does not play.
5 Notable Players to Fade
- Kawhi Leonard (LAC) $9,500: Leonard shouldn’t see significant playing time against Denver and will not be worth his value.
- Chris Paul (OKC) $8,200: The Thunder are incredibly banged up and limited Paul’s minutes in their last game. Paul shouldn’t see a lot of playing time against the Heat and will not be worth his excessive price.
- Michael Porter Jr. (DEN) $7,600: Porter Jr. will face one of the best teams in the NBA against the Clippers and will struggle to score.
- Fred VanVleet (TOR) $7,300: VanVleet has been hot as of late, but don’t expect that to continue when he faces the 76ers, he should have a relatively mediocre game.
- Victor Oladipo (IND) $6,000: Oladipo is dealing with an injury and shouldn’t be trusted no matter what his
5 Studs Worth Their Salary
- James Harden (HOU) $11,100: Harden should play against an injury-depleted Pacers team and should give you a triple-double.
- Nikola Jokic (DEN) $9,200: Jokic should feast against the Clippers who are relatively thin at the center position.
- Jimmy Butler (MIA) $7,800: Butler is facing a banged-up Thunder team and should shine against a relatively weak backcourt.
- Bam Adebayo (MIA) $7,700: Adebay similar to butler is going to face a relatively weak and banged up frontcourt for the Thunder.
- Pascal Siakam (TOR) $7,500: Siakam will face a 76ers team that could be without Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris, and Al Horford. He should have a fantastic game and be well worth the value.
Beyond our daily fantasy basketball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Basketball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy basketball season.