Chicago White Sox 2020 Fantasy Baseball Preview
Beyond our fantasy baseball content, be sure to check out our award-winning slate of Fantasy Baseball Tools as you prepare for your draft this season. From our free mock Draft Simulator – which allows you to mock draft against realistic opponents – to our Cheat Sheet Creator – which allows you to combine rankings from 100+ experts into one cheat sheet – we’ve got you covered this fantasy baseball draft season.
Here’s everything you need to know about the 2020 Chicago White Sox from a fantasy perspective.
You can find all of our 2020 fantasy baseball MLB team previews here.
- Better in OBP formats: Yasmani Grandal, Edwin Encarnacion
- Worse in OBP formats: Tim Anderson, Jose Abreu
- Better than his ADP: Abreu (74), Encarnacion (154)
- Worse than his ADP: Luis Robert (90)
- Bench bat worth rostering: James McCann (Deep AL-only)
- Players most likely to lose a starting spot: Leury Garcia, Nomar Mazara (platoon possibility)
- Better than his ADP: Dylan Cease (361)
- Worse than his ADP: Dallas Keuchel (201)
- Starter least likely to stick in the rotation: Gio Gonzalez
- Non-starter most likely to enter the rotation: Michael Kopech
- Projected closer: Alex Colome (Job Security: Medium)
- Top backup: Aaron Bummer
- Premier holds option: Steve Cishek
- Sneaky holds option: Jace Fry
- Relevant in 2020: Nick Madrigal, Michael Kopech
- Worth a look for 2021 and beyond: Andrew Vaughn
- Don’t believe the hype: Zack Collins, Blake Rutherford
Other Helpful Fantasy Info
- Park Factor: In terms of 2019 run-scoring, Guaranteed Rate Field fared a tad below average with a 0.972 park factor. However, it played favorably (1.124) to home runs. It played better for righties than lefties in both facets.
- Green Light Rating: Medium. The White Sox ranked 20th in stolen bases (63) last season but seventh in the 2018 campaign under manager Rick Renteria. Anderson, Moncada, and Garcia have received enough of a green light to reach double-digit steals each time. That same courtesy should extend to Robert and Madrigal.
- Likeliest 2020 roster moves: It’s only a matter of time before Madrigal and Kopech reach the majors. Both are worth stashing in the closing rounds of any mixed league. Madrigal, who struck out 16 times and stole 35 bases in the minors last season, should provide speed and a high batting average immediately. Kopech is a flame-thrower with sky-high strikeout potential.
- Bold Fantasy Prediction: Eloy Jimenez leads the majors in home runs.
- Bland Fantasy Prediction: The White Sox have a top-10 fantasy hitter at every position.