FanDuel MLB Lineup Advice: Tuesday (8/8)
We have a 15-game slate tonight with three aces on the mound. There aren’t any weather concerns and no games in Coors. Somehow, I was able to squeeze in the best possible stack with the top ace of the slate thanks to some terrific value plays available to us. Let’s take a look at how it all worked together.
For reference throughout the season, be sure to bookmark our overview of MLB Park Factors and how to Use Weather to Your Advantage in MLB DFS. Also, check out our GPP and Cash Games Primers to learn more about different daily fantasy game types specific to MLB.
Corey Kluber (CLE): $11,700 vs COL
No pitcher on earth has been better than Kluber since he came off the DL on June 1st. He has posted at least 8 strikeouts in all 12 of those starts, and double digits in 10 with quality starts in 10 others. We should enter this game expecting 60+ FanDuel points, so he is well worth spending up on.
Not only are the Astros leading baseball in runs scored by 55, but their team OPS against lefties is an incredible .834 this year. As you might expect, Vegas has them at over 6 implied runs tonight against Derek Holland, who gets destroyed by righties. We were able to toss out the Astros’ #1, #2, #4 and #6 hitter with Kluber tonight, and all four are among the best hitters in baseball at their positions against lefties.
Cheap Lefty Mashers
Not only do Agulilar (.919 OPS vs LHP), Martinez (1.025 OPS vs LHP) and Almora (.938 OPS vs LHP) crush the splits, but they are all cheap and hitting in the middle of their respective orders tonight against the likes of three pitchers who cannot get righties out to save their lives.
Blazing Hot Value Play
Jose Pirela (OF – SDP): $2,400 @ CIN
It has quickly become apparent during Pirela’s short career that he is a super streaky hitter. After starting the year by batting .450 over his first 40 PA, he went on a prolonged slump and now he is back to mashing again. He has 3 games of 24+ FanDuel points in the last week including last night’s 2 HR performance for 40.9 FanDuel points. His opponent is Sal Romano and he gets a significant ballpark upgrade so another 20+ night could be in store.
Other Top Options (in order)
- Domingo Santana (OF – MIL): $3,400 @ MIN
- Josh Donaldson (3B – TOR): $3,900 vs NYY
- Eduardo Escobar (SS – MIN): $2,600 vs MIL
- Ryan Braun (OF – MIL): $4,100 @ MIN
- Willson Contreras (C – CHC): $3,700 @ SFG
- David Freese (3B – PIT): $3,400 vs DET
- Joey Votto (1B – CIN): $4,300 vs SDP
- Paul DeJong (SS – STL): $3,200 @ KCR
- Clint Frazier (OF – NYY): $3,000 @ TOR
- Scooter Gennett (2B – CIN): $2,400 vs SDP
- Jedd Gyorko (3B – STL): $2,700 @ KCR
- Bradley Zimmer (OF – CLE): $2,800 vs COL
- Nick Williams (OF – PHI): $2,800 @ ATL
- Tyler Flowers (C – ATL): $2,500 vs PHI
- Starling Marte (OF – PIT): $3,500 vs DET
- Jose Bautista (OF – TOR): $3,700 vs NYY
- Andrew McCutchen (OF – PIT): $3,900 vs DET
- Robinson Cano (2B – SEA): $3,500 @ OAK
- Trevor Plouffe (1B – TBR): $2,100 vs BOS
- Adam Duvall (OF – CIN): $3,500 vs SDP
- Luke Voit (1B – STL): $2,300 @ KCR
- Josh Harrison (2B – PIT): $2,900 vs DET
- Jordy Mercer (SS – PIT): $2,100 vs DET
- Francisco Cervelli (C – PIT): $2,500 vs DET