Los Angeles Dodgers 2020 Fantasy Baseball Preview
Welcome to our 2020 team previews. We will be talking about the National League’s best team, the Los Angeles Dodgers.
You can find all of our 2020 fantasy baseball MLB team previews here.
- Better in OBP formats: Mookie Betts, Cody Bellinger, Max Muncy, Joc Pederson
- Worse in OBP formats: None
- Better than his ADP: Max Muncy (70), Corey Seager (136), Justin Turner (147)
- Worse than his ADP: Gavin Lux (152), Will Smith (157)
- Bench bat(s) worth rostering:
- Player(s) most likely to lose a starting spot: Enrique Hernandez (streamer against LHP)
Quick notes: Lux may not start the season in the majors, opening more playing time for Hernandez and Chris Taylor.
- Better than his ADP: Urias (152), Wood (292)
- Worse than his ADP: Price (145)
- Starter least likely to stick in the rotation: Wood
- Non-starter most likely to enter the rotation: Dustin May, Ross Stripling
Quick notes: No official announcement that Wood has the fifth spot, but seems very likely.
- Projected closer: Kenley Jansen (Job Security: MEDIUM)
- Top backup: Blake Treinen
- Premier holds option: Pedro Baez
- Sneaky holds option: Joe Kelly
Quick notes: Jansen was very shaky last year, he could be in danger of losing the job.
- Relevant in 2020: Gavin Lux, Dustin May, DJ Peters
- Worth a look for 2021 and beyond: Keibert Ruiz, Josiah Gray
- Don’t believe the hype: Keibert Ruiz (going to be tough to find playing time in the Majors with Will Smith present)
Other Helpful Fantasy Info
- Park Factor: 91.0 for runs, 106.2 for homers, 95.9 for singles, 95.2 for doubles, 38.4 for triples
- Green Light Rating: Low
- Likeliest 2020 roster moves: Dustin May gets some time in the rotation, bullpen movement.
- Bold Fantasy Prediction: Walker Buehler is the best pitcher in fantasy in 2020.
- Bland Fantasy Prediction: Cody Bellinger‘s batting average and steals output disappoints.