DraftKings DFS NBA Strategy Advice: Monday (8/3)
To say this Orlando restart has been exciting would be a drastic understatement. Almost every game has had a playoff atmosphere to it and it’s led to some crazy offense. These DFS scores are higher than ever, and it takes nearly 400 DK points to bink a tournament right now. Hopefully, we can provide you some of the plays to do just that on this slate!
If you have any comments or questions, reach me on Twitter @Bartilottajoel
|LeBron James (LAL)||vs. UTA||$10,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Ja Morant (MEM)||vs. NOP||$7,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Aaron Holiday (IND)||vs. WSH||$5,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
James is always the safest option out there with his 50-point floor. Morant has at least 47 fantasy points in each of his first two games of the Orlando restart and gets to face one of the worst defenses in the NBA here. Speaking of bad defenses, Holiday faces a Wizards team that ranks last in nearly every defensive category and could see a usage bump if Victor Oladipo sits.
|Jrue Holiday (NOP)||vs. MEM||$8,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Troy Brown Jr (WAS)||vs. IND||$5,200||⭐⭐||Medium|
|Lonnie Walker IV (SAS)||vs. PHI||$4,400||⭐⭐⭐||High|
This is the weakest position of the day, and the other Holiday makes for a great bet against a poor Memphis defense. Brown is risky, but he just dropped 50 DK points on Sunday and is seeing a major usage bump with John Wall, Davis Bertans and Bradley Beal all out. Walker has been starting in this Orlando restart and it makes him very intriguing at just $4,400 playing nearly 30 minutes a game.
|DeMar DeRozan (SAS)||vs. PHI||$8,200||⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|T.J. Warren (IND)||vs. WSH||$7,400||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Luguentz Dort (OKC)||vs. DEN||$3,100||⭐||High|
With LaMarcus Aldridge gone, DeRozan is running the show for the Spurs. Warren just dropped 53 points on Saturday and gets to face the worst defense in the NBA here. Dort is super risky but he’s averaging 30 minutes played as a starter and can provide value with just 20 fantasy points at a near-minimum price tag.
|Jaren Jackson Jr. (MEM)||vs. NOP||$6,200||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Paul Millsap (DEN)||vs. OKC||$4,900||⭐⭐⭐||High|
|Brandon Clarke (MEM)||vs. NOP||$4,200||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
JJJ is averaging 38 DraftKings points per game in the first two outings of the Orlando restart and should continue that success against a 28th-ranked Pelicans defense. Clarke gets the exact same matchup and has shown 35-point potential at times this season. As for Millsap, he’s a reliable veteran who is averaging 25 fantasy points per game for the season and can easily drop a 40-spot with a double-double.
|Thomas Bryant (WAS)||vs. IND||$6,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Myles Turner (IND)||vs. WSH||$6,100||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Jakob Poeltl (SAS)||vs. PHI||$5,100||⭐⭐⭐||High|
Bryant is playing over 35 minutes a game in this restart, providing an average of 44 fantasy points per game. That’s absurd for someone priced so affordably and Indiana typically struggle against centers. Turner should play better without Domantas Sabonis and could dominate a terrible defense like the Wizards who play at such a fast pace. Poeltl has started about 10 games with Aldridge sidelined this season, averaging over 30 DK points per game in outings he’s played at least 20 minutes.
5 Notable Players to Fade
- Tobias Harris (PHI) $8,600: Harris has been inconsistent with everyone on this roster fully healthy and that’s just what we have here. That makes him hard to trust at a lofty $8,600.
- Zion Williamson (NOP) $7,800: Williamson continues to see limited minutes and he simply can’t provide value at this price until he plays 25-30 minutes. That probably won’t happen yet.
- Al Horford (PHI) $7,500: This price makes no sense. Horford is coming off the bench right now and playing very poorly. He wouldn’t even be in consideration at $6,000.
- Victor Oladipo (IND) $5,900: Oladipo may sit out here with the Pacers playing a back-to-back. He’s also been struggling a bit in the restart.
- Jamal Murray (DEN) $7,200: Murray is dealing with a hammy issue and enters this tough matchup with a questionable tag.
5 Studs Worth Their Salary
- Anthony Davis (LAL) $9,800: It’s pretty crazy to see a guy who’s averaging over 50 DK points per game priced below $10,000. He can literally break the slate at $9,800.
- Ja Morant (MEM) $7,300: A matchup against New Orleans is tasty on its own, but this dude is absolutely crushing it right now, scoring 47 DK points in back-to-back games.
- Jaren Jackson Jr. (MEM) $6,200: The matchup is spectacular on its own but it’s clear that JJJ is the focal scorer of this offense right now and that’s hard to overlook at just $6,200.
- Steven Adams (OKC) $5,400: This is another baffling price. Adams chugs out 30-point games at ease and that makes him an easy bet for a 5X floor.
- Jakob Poeltl (SAS) $5,100: This price makes no sense. Poeltl plays at a $7,000 level when Aldridge is out and only played poorly on Sunday because of foul trouble. Look for him to play 30-plus minutes opposing Joel Embiid, nearly guaranteeing him a double-double and 6X value.
Beyond our daily fantasy basketball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Basketball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy basketball season.