FanDuel DFS NBA Strategy Advice: Monday (1/25)
We’ve got a loaded, 10-game NBA slate to kick off the week, and it features some great matchups to exploit. As always, we’ll name values, studs, and fades for the day’s DFS festivities. Let’s get right to it!
Most Value Per Dollar
Players expected to generate the most value relative to salary.
|George Hill (OKC)||at POR||$4,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Carsen Edwards (BOS)||at CHI||$3,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
- Hill is coming off a 22-point performance — his highest scoring output of the season. He’s reasonably priced in an excellent game environment.
- With Kemba Walker (rest) and Payton Pritchard (knee) out against Chicago, Edwards should see a boost in usage tonight. At just $3.7K, he’s a solid value in a game with a 229.5 over/under after scoring 18 points in Sunday’s win.
|Kendrick Nunn||at BKN||$6,500||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Rodney Hood||vs. OKC||$5,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Wayne Ellington (DET)||vs. PHI||$4,700||⭐⭐||Medium|
- Across his last four games, Nunn has averaged a healthy 37.4 FD points while handling a heavy offensive workload for Miami. Facing a weak Brooklyn defense, he makes a great play on tonight’s slate.
- Hood has started both of Portland’s contests since CJ McCollum has been sidelined, and he scored 21 points in his first game with the starting five a week ago.
- Ellington has been on fire as of late, averaging 18.8 points and 25.7 FD points across his last four games. In that span, he’s knocked down 21 triples. He comes in as a huge value at this price point.
Others to consider: Jeremy Lamb $5.2K vs. TOR
|Malik Beasley (MIN)||at GSW||$6,400||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Michael Porter (DEN)||at DAL||$6,400||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
|Luguentz Dort (OKC)||at POR||$4,900||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
- Beasley has been a primary scoring option for Minnesota this season, and he’s got 45-point upside. If D’Angelo Russell (quad) is unable to play, Beasley becomes an even more valuable play.
- In his second game back, MPJ went 14/11 with a block and steal across 35 minutes. He’ll look to build on that performance with a quality matchup against Dallas tonight.
- Dort is an inconsistent scorer, but when his shot is falling, he’s got 50-point upside thanks to heavy minutes and defensive abilities. He’s worth a look in GPPs against Portland’s barely-there defense.
|Jarred Vanderbilt (MIN)||at GSW||$5,400||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Isaiah Roby (OKC)||at POR||$4,500||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
- Vanderbilt has started each of the Wolves’ last four games, logging 23.8 minutes and 28.3 FD points per contest in the process. He went off for 16/11 with two steals and a block Saturday, and he’ll look to build on that solid showing in a great matchup with the Warriors tonight.
- Across his last five games (all starts), Roby has put up 26.3 FD points across 26 minutes per game while averaging 10.6 points, 7.2 boards, 3.0 assists, and 1.2 swipes. With Al Horford still out due to the birth of his child, expect Roby to log another start.
|Enes Kanter (POR)||vs. OKC||$6,500||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Naz Reid (MIN)||at GSW||$5,000||⭐⭐||Medium|
|James Wiseman (GSW)||vs. MIN||$4,900||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- Kanter should continue to play solid minutes for Portland as its frontcourt anchor, and with CJ McCollum still out, the big man could find additional opportunities on offense. There’s a lot to like for Kanter tonight as he faces his former team – the rebuilding Thunder.
- After a slow start to the season, Reid has turned it on as of late, averaging 32.5 FD points across his last three games. With Karl-Anthony Towns still out due to health and safety protocols, Reid has a chance to smash value at his meager price.
- Wiseman has averaged just under 30 FD points across his last three games, and tonight he faces one of the Association’s most generous defenses to opposing big men.
Studs Worth Their Salary
- Bam Adebayo (MIA) $9,600: Bam went 41/9/5 against Brooklyn on Saturday, racking up a massive 62.5 FD points. In tonight’s rematch, he could be in for another huge game.
- Nikola Vucevic (ORL) $9,400: Aaron Gordon missed Sunday’s matchup due to hip and back injuries, and if he’s out again tonight, Vuc should be even more valuable in a friendly matchup with Charlotte.
- Stephen Curry (GSW) $9,600: The Chef gets a highly favorable matchup with Minnesota tonight, and he’s got 60-point upside on any given night.
- Luka Doncic (DAL) $10,700: Doncic priced under $11K? Yeah, that’s a salary you’ll want to take advantage of tonight.
Notable Players to Fade
- Jayson Tatum (BOS) $9,600: In his first game back after a five-game layoff, Tatum is worth a fade at such a lofty price.
- James Harden (BKN) $9,800: His usage and production have become too difficult to predict on a nightly basis, and he’s scored fewer than 40 FD points in each of his last two games.
- Jaylen Brown (BOS) $9,000: With Tatum back, Brown likely won’t see such a high usage rate as he’s enjoyed recently. He’s not worth the inflated price tag on tonight’s slate.
- Andre Drummond (CLE) $8,700: Drummond has scored fewer than 25 FD points in two of his last three games, sharing time with Jarrett Allen in the process. In a tough matchup with the Lakers tonight, Drummond isn’t worth a look.
Beyond our daily fantasy basketball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Basketball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy basketball season.