FanDuel NBA DFS Strategy Advice: Monday (1/4)
Ready to kick off the week with some NBA DFS? We’ve got you covered for tonight’s nine-game slate. As always, we’ll name values, studs, and fades for the day’s DFS festivities. Let’s get right to it!
|LaMelo Ball (CHA)||PHI||$6,400||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Jalen Brunson (DAL)||HOU||$4,500||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- Ball has been on fire as of late and averaged nearly 39 FD points per game across his last three. He’s got a great matchup with Philly on tap for tonight, and while his price tag is creeping up, he’s still a value, given the recent production.
- With Luka Doncic out Sunday, Brunson scored 46.5 FD points across 37 minutes. Doncic could sit out Monday as well, and if he does, Brunson makes one of the best values on tonight’s slate.
|Buddy Hield (SAC)||GS||$5,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Seth Curry (PHI)||CHA||$5,500||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
- Hield should see increased run with Tyrese Haliburton out of action, and tonight’s matchup with Golden State figures to be high-scoring with an over/under of 232.5. Hield can heat up quickly, and he’s got a great chance to do so in this one.
- Curry has scored 21 points in back-to-back contests, and he’s averaged 32.0 FD points across his last three. Curry is playing big minutes for Philly and is on a bit of a heater. Keep riding the hot hand into a favorable matchup with Charlotte tonight.
|Harrison Barnes (SAC)||GS||$6,100||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
|Eric Gordon (HOU)||DAL||$5,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- Barnes has scored at least 30 FD points in each of his last three games, and he’s hit the 40-point mark twice this season already. He’s emerged as a primary offensive option for the Kings and could be in for another big game against Golden State in a contest that sports a 232.5 over/under.
- Gordon has averaged 30.0 FD points in two appearances this season, and with James Harden a true GTD tonight, Gordon could see an expanded role in an excellent matchup.
|Darius Bazley (OKC)||MIA||$5,500||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- Coming off a season-high 39.4 FD points, Bazley’s price hasn’t shot up, and he makes a nice value at just $5.5K tonight. Miami has been a favorable matchup, and the young forward should be in line for around 30 minutes – his season average thus far.
|Bobby Portis (MIL)||DET||$4,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
|JaVale McGee (CLE)||ORL||$4,700||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
- Portis has averaged 25.1 FD points across 23.0 minutes this season, and there’s a chance he sees plenty of playing time tonight in a game Milwaukee is favored by 13.5. Averaging over 1.0 FD point per minute, Portis makes a fine value tonight.
- Though McGee is logging just 17.5 minutes per night, he’s averaged 24.8 FD points, good for 1.41 FD points per minute. That’s excellent production for Cleveland’s backup, and he’s got a fine matchup with Orlando tonight. As long as Kevin Love is out, McGee should see enough playing time to be fantasy relevant, particularly at this price point.
Studs Worth Their Salary
- Stephen Curry (GS) $9,500: Fresh off a 62-point performance against Portland, Curry will look to keep up his hot play in another highly-favorable matchup with Sacramento.
- John Wall (HOU) $8,500: James Harden could be out again, leaving Wall to handle another large workload. The former Wizard has averaged better than 47 FD points in two games this season.
- Clint Capela (ATL) $6,500: Capela is an excellent value at just $6.5K against the most friendly fantasy defense to opposing centers. His minutes have ramped up, and he played a season-high 30 in Saturday’s matchup with Cleveland, racking up 47.2 FD points.
- Collin Sexton (CLE) $7,100: Darius Garland is a GTD decision tonight, and if he can’t go, Sexton provides a huge value at just $7.1K as Cleveland’s primary offensive weapon.
- Nikola Vucevic (ORL) $8,300: Vuc has averaged 42.6 FD points this season, and the matchup with Cleveland’s lackluster defense provides him an opportunity to exceed that average at an affordable $8.3K.
Notable Players to Fade
- Kyle Lowry (TOR) $7,500: Toronto has been a mess this season, and while Lowry continues to be a productive option, there are plenty of better plays in this price range, especially in a tough matchup with Boston.
- Jimmy Butler (MIA) $7,700: Butler is coming off a horrendous shooting performance, and while that’s sure to improve moving forward, he’s not a recommended option for tonight’s slate. There’s plenty of upside with Jimmy Buckets, but the risk for an underwhelming performance keeps him off the DFS radar, with plenty of better options in this price range.
- Lonzo Ball (NO) $6,500: Ball has been hit-or-miss so far this season, and he’s averaging 28.8 FD points per game. He comes with some upside but plenty of risk as well. There are better, similarly-valued options tonight.
Beyond our daily fantasy basketball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Basketball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy basketball season.