New York Yankees 2020 Fantasy Baseball Preview
Welcome to our 2020 team previews – Yankees edition! You can find all of our 2020 fantasy baseball MLB team previews here.
The Yankees are one of the most interesting teams for fantasy purposes with a roster full of fantasy studs, but tons of injury risks and unknowns.
- Better in OBP formats: Judge, Stanton, Voit
- Worse in OBP formats: Andujar, Urshela
- Better than his ADP: Stanton (72), Voit (193), Andujar (193), Urshela (225)
- Worse than his ADP: Torres (27)
- Bench bat(s) worth rostering: Mike Tauchman, Mike Ford
- Player(s) most likely to lose a starting spot: Gardner, Andujar
Quick notes: So much of this hinges on the availability of Judge and Stanton come Opening Day.
- Better than his ADP: Paxton (150)
- Worse than his ADP: None
- Starter least likely to stick in the rotation: Montgomery
- Non-starter most likely to enter the rotation: Jonathan Loaisiga
Quick notes: Paxton should be considered questionable for the Opening Day rotation.
- Projected closer: Aroldis Chapman (Job Security: HIGH)
- Top backup: Zack Britton
- Premier holds option: Britton, Adam Ottavino
- Sneaky holds option:
- Relevant in 2020: Deivi Garcia
- Worth a look for 2021 and beyond: Clarke Schmidt
- Don’t believe the hype: Jasson Dominguez (17 years old and the top Yankees prospect on lots of lists)
Other Helpful Fantasy Info
- Park Factor: 98.5 for runs, 107.5 for homers, 100.6 for singles, 82.1 for doubles, 67.7 for triples
- Green Light Rating: Low
- Likeliest 2020 roster moves: Garcia gets a shot in the rotation, many trips to the IL.
- Bold Fantasy Prediction: Stanton plays a full season and is once again a top-25 pick in 2021.
- Bland Fantasy Prediction: Gerrit Cole fails to post a top-10 season at SP.