DraftKings DFS NBA Strategy Advice: Wednesday (8/26)
This week is the NBA Playoffs, and we have only three games on Wednesday’s slate. Today’s games begin at 4:00 PM EST, and the last game tips off at 9:00 PM EST. With some injuries and blowout potential, we should be able to find some great value plays.
Value Plays: Point Guard
|Markelle Fultz (ORL)||@ MIL||$5,100||⭐⭐||Medium|
|Anfernee Simons (POR)||@ LAL||$4,000||⭐⭐||High|
Over his last four games, Fultz has averaged 25.1 fantasy points, and in his last game, he had 35.3 of them. He could be hit or miss here, but with the Magic on the brink of elimination, I’m leaning toward hit. Look for him to get you close to 30 fantasy points.
Simons will most likely draw the start with Damian Lillard injured. Even if he doesn’t start, he should see significant minutes, and this game will likely be a blowout. Look for Simons to get you close to 28 fantasy points, which makes him well worth the $4,000.
|Dennis Schroder (OKC)||@ HOU||$6,400||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Gary Trent Jr. (POR)||@ LAL||$4,800||⭐⭐||Medium|
Schroder has been fantastic since his return to the OKC lineup. Over his last four games, he’s averaged 29.9 fantasy points, and in his last game, he put up 36.8. Schroder should easily hit 37 fantasy points against the Rockets’ terrible defense.
Trent Jr. is another player who will see significant playing time due to Lillard’s injury. However, he could be hit or miss in this scenario, and he’ll rely heavily on someone else creating open shots for him. If all goes well, he could easily get you 28 fantasy points.
|Danuel House Jr. (HOU)||vs. OKC||$5,500||⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Kyle Kuzma (LAL)||vs. LAL||$5,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐||High|
Over his last four games, House Jr. is averaging 29.6 fantasy points. He put up 33.5 in his last game. He is an above-average three-point shooter and should continue his hot shooting to give you close to 32 fantasy points.
Kuzma should benefit the most from the game being a blowout and he will wind up playing significant minutes especially if Vogel decides to rest his stars. Kuzma is averaging 20.1 fantasy points over his last four games. He should get you close to 28 fantasy points in this matchup.
|Danillo Gallinari (OKC)||@ HOU||$6,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Gary Clark (ORL)||@ MIL||$4,200||⭐⭐||High|
Gallinari is coming off a terrible game in which he managed to put up only 14.25 fantasy points. He is capable of performing much better, and he could easily get you close to 40 fantasy points in what should be a fast-paced matchup against the Rockets.
Clark has been starting in the Magic’s lineup over the last few games. It is possible that Aaron Gordon returns, but the odds of that are pretty low. Clark should see significant minutes, and he’ll have a chance to give you close to 25 fantasy points.
|Jeff Green (HOU)||vs. OKC||$5,600||⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
Over his last five games, Green has averaged 30.9 fantasy points. The Rockets have favored Green a bit more as of late. He could get hot and easily give you 35 fantasy points.
4 Notable Players to Fade
1. Lebron James (LAL) $10,800: James has a great matchup, but it will be a blowout, and he should barley see 30 minutes.
2. Anthony Davis (LAL) $10,500: Yes, it’s a great matchup, but he could easily only see 25 minutes of play in the blowout.
3. Chris Paul (OKC) $8,100: Paul is coming off a game where he scored 26 points. His scoring should dip well below that and his fantasy value will suffer.
4. C.J. McCollum (POR) $8,100: McCollum will have to carry the Blazers while battling through an injury and missing his running mate. He will struggle as the Lakers will focus on him defensively.
4 Studs Worth Their Salary
1. James Harden (HOU) $11,800: Harden is the only chance that the Rockets have to avoid losing this series. He will keep his hot play up and will be in line for a massive game.
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL) $11,300: Antetokounmpo should be in closeout mode and looking to get the win. He should have a monster night and be worth the money.
3. Nikola Vucevic (ORL) $9,200: Vuce has been explosive this series, and he’ll need to keep that up if he wants to keep the Magic’s season alive.
4. Jusuf Nurkic (POR) $8,600: Nurkic should easily have a double-double in this game has he shoulders the load for the Trail Blazers.
Beyond our daily fantasy basketball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Basketball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy basketball season.