Beyond our fantasy baseball content, be sure to check out our award-winning slate of Fantasy Baseball Tools as you prepare for your draft this season. From our free mock Draft Simulator – which allows you to mock draft against realistic opponents – to our Cheat Sheet Creator – which allows you to combine rankings from 100+ experts into one cheat sheet – we’ve got you covered this fantasy baseball draft season.
Welcome back to our 2020 team-by-team previews. Today we will be checking out one of the worst teams in terms of fantasy production this year, the San Francisco Giants.
You can find all of our 2020 fantasy baseball MLB team previews here.
- Better in OBP formats: Buster Posey, Brandon Belt
- Worse in OBP formats: Mauricio Dubon
- Better than his ADP: Mike Yastrzemski (295), Mauricio Dubon (345)
- Worse than his ADP: None
- Bench bat(s) worth rostering: Wilmer Flores, Hunter Pence (deep leagues)
- Player(s) most likely to lose a starting spot: Billy Hamilton
Quick notes: This offense is terrible. Buster Posey is the only player going inside of the top-250 in FantasyPros’ ADP. The next highest player taken is Mike Yastrzemski at 295. The Giants are committed to playing Mauricio Dubon, so he’s worth a flier toward the end of drafts.
- Better than his ADP: Jeff Samardzija (348), Kevin Gausman (353)
- Worse than his ADP: None
- Starter least likely to stick in the rotation: Drew Smyly
- Non-starter most likely to enter the rotation: Logan Webb, Dereck Rodriguez, Conner Menez, Tyson Ross
Quick notes: Like the offense, there’s not much of value here. There’s still upside with Kevin Gausman — if you really, really try hard enough to find it — and Jeff Samardzija, if healthy, can be an innings eater for you. That’s really it.
- Projected closer: Tony Watson (Job Security: LOW)
- Top backup: Shaun Anderson
- Premier holds option: Tyler Rogers
- Sneaky holds option: None
Quick notes: Rinse and repeat with the rest of the team. Tony Watson is good, but he could be dealt at the trade deadline.
- Relevant in 2020: Mauricio Dubon
- Worth a look for 2021 and beyond: Joey Bart, Marco Luciano, Heliot Ramos, Hunter Bishop, Seth Corry,
- Don’t believe the hype: None (the farm system isn’t deep — or good — enough.)
Other Helpful Fantasy Info
- Park Factor: 87.8 for runs, 68.3 for homers, 102.9 for singles, 95.9 for doubles, 128.9 for triples
- Green Light Rating: Unknown (new manager, LOW in Philadelphia)
- Likeliest 2020 roster moves: Selling off veteran contracts for prospects.
- Bold Fantasy Prediction: Joey Bart replaces Buster Posey as the everyday catcher in August.
- Bland Fantasy Prediction: No Giants players finishes inside the top 300 on any fantasy player rater.
Check out all of our 2020 Fantasy Baseball MLB Team Previews.
Practice fast mock drafts with our fantasy baseball software
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | SoundCloud | Stitcher | TuneIn
Michael Waterloo is a featured writer at FantasyPros. For more from Michael, check out his archive and follow him @MichaelWaterloo.