FanDuel DFS NBA Strategy Advice: Friday (1/15)
The week is winding to a close, and what better way to enjoy a Friday night than with an eight-game NBA slate? As always, we’ll name values, studs, and fades for the day’s DFS festivities. Let’s get right to it!
Most Value Per Dollar
Players expected to generate the most value relative to salary.
|Patrick Beverley (LAC)||at SAC||$4,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|De’Aaron Fox (SAC)||vs LAC||$7,300||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- PatBev has provided some big games as of late, and at just $4K, he’s certainly worth a look tonight. Clippers/Kings has the highest over/under on the slate, which should provide some additional opportunities. If he’s unavailable, Reggie Jackson (SG, $3.8K) is worth a look.
- Don’t look now, but Fox has averaged 44 FD points across his last two games. He’s got a friendly matchup with the Clippers tonight and, as mentioned above, this game has the highest over/under at 231.5.
|Nickeil Alexander-Walker (NO)||at LAL||$5,500||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Anthony Edwards (MIN)||vs MEM||$4,500||⭐⭐||High|
|Marcus Smart (BOS)||vs ORL||$6,200||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Low|
- NAW went off for 37/8 and 50.1 FD points Wednesday after joining the Pelicans’ starting lineup. With Lonzo Ball out and Eric Bledsoe questionable, Alexander-Walker has a great shot at garnering another start and smashing value.
- Edwards has scored a measly 13.8 FD points across his last two games combined, but there’s certainly a chance for him to bounce back in a friendly matchup with Memphis tonight in which Ricky Rubio will be out.
- One of the best values on the slate is Smart, who finds himself in the starting lineup for a Celtics team still without Kemba Walker and now without Jayson Tatum. Jaylen Brown is questionable, and if Brown is out, Smart would be the value of the night.
|Malik Beasley (MIN)||vs MEM||$6,400||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|De’Andre Hunter (ATL)||at UTH||$6,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- Small forward is an absolute mess on tonight’s slate, but if we’re looking to save a little money, Beasley fits the bill. He’s averaged better than 30 FD points this season, including 47.7 against Memphis on Wednesday.
- Hunter gets a great draw with Utah on tonight’s slate, and aside from scoring 26.9 FD points in his last outing, he’s provided huge value as of late and averaged just over 30 FD points per game on the season.
|Aaron Gordon (ORL)||at BOS||$6,500||⭐⭐||Low|
|Kristaps Porzingis (DAL)||at MIL||$7,400||⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- Gordon has too much upside to be priced at just $6.5K. He’s averaged over 38 FD points across his last two games and gets a great draw with a shorthanded Celtics squad tonight.
- KP scored 26.8 FD points in 21 minutes Wednesday as he made his season debut. If he can see even a slight increase in minutes tonight, he’s got a great chance to provide value.
|Jonas Valanciunas (MEM)||at MIN||$7,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
|Mitchell Robinson (NYK)||at CLE||$6,000||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Medium|
- Minnesota is one of the best matchups for opposing centers, and at just $7K, Valanciunas is a solid dollar-for-dollar option against the same team he just posterized for 50 FD points Wednesday.
- Blockinson gets a solid draw against Cleveland, and he’s very affordable at just $6K. He’s averaged 34 FD points across his last two games and offers plenty of value.
Studs Worth Their Salary
- Kawhi Leonard (LAC) $9,600: The highest over/under on the slate, a great matchup, the ability to post 60 FD points, and a sub-$10K price tag? What’s not to like?
- Anthony Davis (LAL) $9,800: Davis has been too good as of late to be priced under $10K, and the price tag is one to exploit on tonight’s slate.
- Julius Randle (NYK) $9,100: Randle continues to play unbelievable basketball, and this matchup with Cleveland is fantastic.
- Zach LaVine (CHI) $9,000: He’s hot right now, and he’s scored at least 58 FD points in consecutive games. There’s no reason to start fading him tonight.
Notable Players to Fade
- Rudy Gobert (UTH) $8,000: Gobert’s price has remained steady around $8K most of the season, but he hasn’t displayed too much upside. His scoring is down, and despite the usual rebound and block totals, there’s better places to spend your money tonight.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL) $11,300: There’s no denying the 70-point upside of Greek Freak, but there are plenty of better options on the slate this evening who come in at a more affordable price.
- Luka Doncic (DAL) $11,600: He just scored 77.1 FD points Wednesday, but he’s too expensive tonight. Doncic will face one of the league’s best defenses, and Porzingis could see a bump in usage. I’d rather pay down elsewhere.
Beyond our daily fantasy basketball content, be sure to check out our Daily Fantasy Basketball Tools. From our Lineup Optimizer – which allows you to build winning DFS lineups in seconds for Cash and GPP contests – to our DFS Cheat Sheets – that helps you get a quick read on the day’s players – we’ve got you covered this fantasy basketball season.